aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Quick Question:  Where do you get the affinity with an NHL team from to the point that you call them "we"?

(Genuinely interested - American sports have largely passed me by)

Needed to pick a team. When I first did, Sabres played in Black adn Red and had this logo...

220px-Buffalo_Sabres_Logo_1996-2006.svg.

and this player...

satan_jersey1.jpg

So yeah. Buffalo Sabres it was. As Gypsum pointed out, there's various reasons.

New Jersey Devils because of The Sopranos I think.

Was actually becasue they became a team in 1982, when he was born.

• Upvote 1

No but it's heavily watched by wardens and i'm sure there's a fine structure in place.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3325050

The car park is still free, that chump was ticketed for parking on the grass on Riverside Drive outside Duthie Park.  It's not a bad shout, there's usually spaces on Riverside Drive outside Riverside House as well.  Still a bit of a walk but car less likely to get covered in bird shit and fish guts.

The car park is still free, that chump was ticketed for parking on the grass on Riverside Drive outside Duthie Park. It's not a bad shout, there's usually spaces on Riverside Drive outside Riverside House as well. Still a bit of a walk but car less likely to get covered in bird shit and fish guts.

Still pretty fishy, but that dilapidated industrial estate behind Union Square has tons of free on-street parking.

Still pretty fishy, but that dilapidated industrial estate behind Union Square has tons of free on-street parking.

Sadly, no it doesn't (I work in an office there at the moment).  Spaces are scarce (and getting worse all the time as new office blocks are being put up) which is why I end up in Torry every day. 

Sadly, no it doesn't (I work in an office there at the moment). Spaces are scarce (and getting worse all the time as new office blocks are being put up) which is why I end up in Torry every day.

Oh. Well it used to. I used to park there all the time. All my Aberdeen information is 2.5 years out of date though.

The car park is still free, that chump was ticketed for parking on the grass on Riverside Drive outside Duthie Park.  It's not a bad shout, there's usually spaces on Riverside Drive outside Riverside House as well.  Still a bit of a walk but car less likely to get covered in bird shit and fish guts.

There's a car park outside DF communications where The Arches coffee shop was before it closed on Riverside Drive. It's free and unmonitored. Short walk up Bridge Street boom - there you are. It gets busy from around half 8ish but if you're in early you're laughing.

xx

Or park in Capt. Toms car park?

xx

Don't know if it's still there - but at the end of that road (at the entrance side of the one way street) there was a bit of dead ground I left my car on a couple of times when I worked at Golden Square.  I also parked in Captain Tom's a couple of times when I had band practice after work.  Felt too cheeky to do it if I didn't have band practice though.

Edited by Gladstone

right i've googled it already.....

the number 12 will take me from town to torry according to the map oscar road which is where i need to be well torry sports centre to be exact. i will be using first bus as have to take a bus to town hence will have a day ticket.

and how far will i have to walk from the bus stop to the sport centre?

right i've googled it already.....

the number 12 will take me from town to torry according to the map oscar road which is where i need to be well torry sports centre to be exact. i will be using first bus as have to take a bus to town hence will have a day ticket.

and how far will i have to walk from the bus stop to the sport centre?

Didn't google hard enough then.  All information from google and the first phone app (which I found on google).  Bus doesn't go all the way up Oscar Road, turns left at Grampian Place, so you have to get off just before that.

from_bus_to_torry_sports.png

People who work in the city centre (e.g. an office on or just off Union Street) and drive, where the fuck do you park?

Your best bet might be to go west, young man. Union Grove or Great Western Road direction, as far as I know parking is free anywhere West of Ashley Road. Not too far to walk along Union Grove.

Ok those who live in Glasgow able to do me a favour? Me and my mates are planning on going to Glasgow for a weekend in April since we are all under age and are not able to get a hotel we need one of our "parents" (that would be who ever is up for the favour) to accompany us to the hotel so we can get in. Will obviously pay you