aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Ok those who live in Glasgow able to do me a favour? Me and my mates are planning on going to Glasgow for a weekend in April since we are all under age and are not able to get a hotel we need one of our "parents" (that would be who ever is up for the favour) to accompany us to the hotel so we can get in. Will obviously pay you

Bribery? Deception? Uncool.

Can't you just have your boys romp in your bedroom when your parents do the shopping?

Is anyone here on O2, and have you received a message telling you you're being upgraded to 4G for free? I got my message yesterday saying that 4G is available in Aberdeen now, but when I set it up, it says no 4G available in the area. What gives?

Haven't had anything like that.  My phone isn't a 4g one though, so maybe that's a factor.

Is anyone here on O2, and have you received a message telling you you're being upgraded to 4G for free? I got my message yesterday saying that 4G is available in Aberdeen now, but when I set it up, it says no 4G available in the area. What gives?

I recently got that message but thought it might have been for my girlfriend's phone which is in my name, they confuse them all the time. No 4G for me either. 

I'd heard about people down England way getting the upgrade message, but you're only supposed to get the message if 4G is available in your post code. Which it seemingly isn't.

Also, it's not as free as they say. If you don't currently have 4G then you're probably not on a 4G tarriff, so you have to upgrade to 4G tarriff, which is more expensive, obviously.

My 3G barely works in Aberdeen as it is. I have to connect to BT hot spots 9 time out of 10 to get any data. Don't know if I'll bother paying more for 4G that will barely work either.

Edited by Joda Serk

Ok those who live in Glasgow able to do me a favour? Me and my mates are planning on going to Glasgow for a weekend in April since we are all under age and are not able to get a hotel we need one of our "parents" (that would be who ever is up for the favour) to accompany us to the hotel so we can get in. Will obviously pay you

Book it under a fake name. Try Watkins.

• Upvote 1

I find that I get better 3G in places like bloody Inverurie and Westhill than in Aberdeen.  My phone signal is shit out at home so if it wasn't for wifi I would get no data.  I'm always surprised when I try to look at stuff on my phone in Aberdeen and there isn't a 3G signal in loads of places in the city centre.

I live and work in the centre of town and I rarely, if ever, get any mobile data, or if I do, it will be really slow. It will load half a webpage with no images or something. 

My missus is on EE and hers works all the time, and is super fast. And she's cheaper for her contract than I am for mine.

O2 are garbage.

How does that work? I haven't looked at the details but does it need good wifi signal? I ask because my broadband/wifi is quite slow.

It sometimes feels like I live in the third world with my shit broadband and no 3G signal.

It plugs into your router via cable, then uses your Broadband to connect you to the vodafone network. You can allow up to 32 numbers to register to the device but only 8 devices can connect at the same time.

There's a review of it here - http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/73147-vodafone-sure-signal-review-2013-review

No offence, but for a lawyer you say this (or a variation of it) a hell of a lot.

Lawyers cover our backs all the time. That little caveat makes it clear that I don't have the full information...

EDIT: posting on a forum isn't my job so I'm not required to have looked at the details! I am a details kind of guy at work.

Edited by Gladstone

Does anyone know of a company that prints t shirts, specifically custom one-off shirts?

Good quality prints and shirts preferably. Not the cheapo 'Stag-do quality' prints that come off after one wash. There's loads of results on Google, but it's difficult to gauge which ones are actually any good. Anyone used a good one?