aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

no need for sarcasm i already looked on the web but i cant find a list of what is on at each venue instead i have to find the activity & then see if there is a venue in the area which clearly takes a lot more time

but if its so simple why not prove me wrong a post a link to all the extra curricular activites that are on offer at any of the following: bridge of don academy, oldmarch, jesmond centre, middleton park community centre.

Edited by Little Green

I think there are some differences between the 3 sports but as far as the NFL is concerned the draft is for players who are coming out of the college football system so it's mostly young players. Players declare themselves available for the draft at the end of the college then the teams decide which players they want to take. The order that teams get to pick in the first round is determined by how well/badly they did the previous season - the team with the worst record in the league gets to pick first while the team that wins the superbowl picks last.

• Upvote 1

I think there are some differences between the 3 sports but as far as the NFL is concerned the draft is for players who are coming out of the college football system so it's mostly young players. Players declare themselves available for the draft at the end of the college then the teams decide which players they want to take. The order that teams get to pick in the first round is determined by how well/badly they did the previous season - the team with the worst record in the league gets to pick first while the team that wins the superbowl picks last.

Aaaaah. Interesting! Thanks!

Teams can also trade draft picks (although it varies between sports). E.g. the worst performing team that has the number 1 draft pick (i.e. picking the best player first) can trade that pick as part of a deal with another player from another team. So you could buy an established player from another team if you desperately need a player in that position and use your draft pick as leverage. It's also tied to salary caps too.

Hypothetically, let's say the Lakers want some new players as their team is getting old. They've got a few high earning players that means they can't easily recruit new ones already in the league who expect a high salary. They've played well and aren't a low ranked team therefore their chances of getting a good draft pick are low (Rookies don't get paid much so they don't affect the salary cap as much). They may decide to sell Kobe Bryant to the Milwaukee Bucks (a shit team with a high pick), thus freeing up salary money they can pay other players already in the league as well as getting a good chance of getting a top player out of college.

You see really complicated deals going down involving 3 or 4 teams (2 players leaving one team for cash and a draft pick, only if the 3rd team accepts to sell another player, etc)

The main problem with the system is that it rewards failure. General Managers will purposefully bomb so they finish last and can rebuild with players from the fresh crop of players from college. It gets interesting when a particular college year is shit with few standout players - then teams aren't as fussed about the draft and play hard.

This year's Bball draft class is one of the best for years. You've got this superstar Andrew Wiggins and the almost as impressive Jabari Parker, as well as a few other standouts who teams are salivating over. It's made for a pretty poor NBA season though - some teams (76ers, Bucks) aren't even trying. 

I'd never thought about that (teams doing shit on purpose to get draft picks). I don't even care much about basketball but the NBA pisses me off. Oh lets play 5000 games for each team just so we can eliminate almost half the teams before the play offs. Shite. If I had the money, I'd by the NBA and change it all.

http://www.sportaberdeen.co.uk/jesmond look on here gives you direct numbers to call regarding activities in the area

Or this centre is more than capable of having what you want http://www.activescotland.org.uk/ServiceProvider/Facility/index.html?id=c5db2fe5-779a-4efd-b701-9b0700ad427c

they give venue things eg fitness gym or badminton court. i'm looking for what classes run at each venue by private organisations

does anyone know of any good GPs/surgeries they could recommend? having a bad time atm with the ones i go to and need shit sorted!

If you're having problems with your shit you probably need a proctologist more than a GP.

There's some chat on this subject a few pages back - Slutbags asked the same thing. I used to use Whinhill Medical Practice just off Holburn Street and they were ace.

xx