aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I'm looking for somewhere within a two hours driving time from Aberdeen that my girlfriend and I can go and stay for a night, dinner, wine, y'know. Somewhere scenic and nice. Royal Deeside area would be perfect, there are a couple of hotels I've seen and enquired about but they are both closed until February (weirdly, maybe this is normal). Any suggestions/recommendations?

I'm looking for somewhere within a two hours driving time from Aberdeen that my girlfriend and I can go and stay for a night, dinner, wine, y'know. Somewhere scenic and nice. Royal Deeside area would be perfect, there are a couple of hotels I've seen and enquired about but they are both closed until February (weirdly, maybe this is normal). Any suggestions/recommendations?

Speak to Flights, there will be bed and breakfasts up beside where he lives, and its a beautiful area, id highly recommend a night up there, especially if you get a nice morning the next day. 

Have a look at Tomintoul or Strathdon area. You can also head over to Aviemore area in a couple of hours.

We stayed at The Dowans hotel in Aberlour over Hogmanay: http://www.dowanshotel.com/

Really friendly staff (it's family run) and decent food.  Plus one of the greatest selections of whisky in a bar I've ever seen.  Would gladly recommend it to anyone going to Speyside.