aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Right, so who broke the site?

I bet it was that clique.

I blame Improved Thinker. It's no coincidence that he joined the day before the site died. I think the site couldn't cope with the sheer awesomeness of Little Green, YoungA and CT being improved. Bet Neil found the server sitting crying in a corner.

looking at a car that had the following advisories on its previous mot (2013) however just went through an mot earlier this month and passed with no advisories.

Offside Front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Offside Rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)

Offside Headlamp deteriorated but light output not reduced (1.7.5a)

Offside Rear position lamp(s) deteriorated, but still visible from a reasonable distance (1.1.A.3d)

Offside rear tyre has slight undulations on tread

Both front wiper blades torn at ends but still clearing screen

want to know the seriousness of the things listed above & if i can check the issues have been addressed? i'm aware that some things might be picked up by one garage and not another but i dont want to think they've just been turned a blind eye to on the most recent mot bc the person has contacts at that garage or something. the mot's were carried out at different garages.

Edited by Little Green

looking at a car that had the following advisories on its previous mot (2013) however just went through an mot earlier this month and passed with no advisories.

Offside Rear position lamp(s) deteriorated, but still visible from a reasonable distance (1.1.A.3d)

want to know the seriousness of the things listed above & if i can check the issues have been addressed? i'm aware that some things might be picked up by one garage and not another but i dont want to think they've just been turned a blind eye to on the most recent mot bc the person has contacts at that garage or something. the mot's were carried out at different garages.

What you have listed are advisories

I would recommend getting the advisories done in at least 2 months,

I'm the manager of Euro Car Parts, PM me ur VRM and I'll do you the best prices possible and hook you up with someone to get them fitted.

MOTs are a governed my VOSA. garages need to play by strict rules for their MOT licence/testers. If you believe they have been too lenient contact them to organise a retest through them. 

I wouldn't worry too much about advisories being different. I put my car to the same place twice, first time the handbrake was picked up on the second time, no mention, but the front brake discs were mentioned.

an MOT is only a test to see if the car passes certain regulations

if you get advisories you chose to get the advisories looked at or not. no repair work is carried out by during an MOT

my advice would be get the car in somewhere or i can recommend someone to check over your car to see if there is anything major that needs done that would cause it not to pass during the MOT. this way you can rectify any problems before paying for an MOT that won't pass.

what kind of car do you have?

Edited by fatboy

an MOT is only a test to see if the car passes certain regulations

if you get advisories you chose to get the advisories looked at or not. no repair work is carried out by during an MOT

my advice would be get the car in somewhere or i can recommend someone to check over your car to see if there is anything major that needs done that would cause it not to pass during the MOT. this way you can rectify any problems before paying for an MOT that won't pass.

what kind of car do you have?

who would u reccomend & how much?

and would i have to take it to a garage or could they come with me when i view it?

before considering this ZR what is the mileage and service history, these are extremely prone to head gaskets faults, they are costly to rectify. if its done a high mileage and it hasn't been done then walk away. tell tale signs are excessive white smoke from the exhaust and the temp gauge going up quicker than usual.

I put the whole thing down, just so that everyone is equally inconvenienced. Also to stop the cat jumping in.

This is my pet hate. People (women generally) who don't put the whole thing down. Lazy bastards moan like fuck if a bloke doesn't put the seat down but they don't do the civil thing and put the lid down before flushing. The lid has clearly been put there for a reason - to stop any splash/germs etc getting out when you flush.

I thought I was the only person in the world who actually put the lid down.

Back to ca_gere's post - I wouldn't be offended. The vast majority of guys don't actually have any toilet etiquette. The condition I sometimes find the toilet at work in is shocking. I'm not just talking about a wee bit of pish on the seat or the floor either. I once found that someone had shaken the drips far too vigorously and it was all over the top of the fucking cistern. Unbelievable. I work in the office of an oil company - supposedly surrounded by 'professionals'. Savages more like.

before considering this ZR what is the mileage and service history, these are extremely prone to head gaskets faults, they are costly to rectify. if its done a high mileage and it hasn't been done then walk away. tell tale signs are excessive white smoke from the exhaust and the temp gauge going up quicker than usual.

70 k miles

head has apparently been done (no proof) the guy said he bought it with the head failure to fix & sell on. had its mot last week and passed no advisories (assuming it wouldve came up if hadnt been fixed) unless its his mate doing the mot. thats the risk.