aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

This is my pet hate. People (women generally) who don't put the whole thing down. Lazy bastards moan like fuck if a bloke doesn't put the seat down but they don't do the civil thing and put the lid down before flushing. The lid has clearly been put there for a reason - to stop any splash/germs etc getting out when you flush.

I thought I was the only person in the world who actually put the lid down.

Back to ca_gere's post - I wouldn't be offended. The vast majority of guys don't actually have any toilet etiquette. The condition I sometimes find the toilet at work in is shocking. I'm not just talking about a wee bit of pish on the seat or the floor either. I once found that someone had shaken the drips far too vigorously and it was all over the top of the fucking cistern. Unbelievable. I work in the office of an oil company - supposedly surrounded by 'professionals'. Savages more like.

I hate this. Do some not understand the lid stops particles flying up onto your toothbrush and such? I don't like unhygienic people in general. That sounds revolting.

right i have done an hpi check on car i [was] hoping to buy this time  - definatly no write off yay on the other hand 2 red alerts came up:

Data currently held on the National Mileage Register (NMR) indicates that there may be a mileage
discrepancy on this vehicle.
The V5 registration document issue date does not match the information provided by the DVLA

oct 2011 NMR has milage of 70k
dvla 2013 has milage of 65k

what to do now?
going from the old mot's which can be viewed online the mileage was consistant.... now i'm confused why there are 2 parties that should both have the same info and dont?
the date for for v5c reg seller said was 31/3/05 but i'm thinking he's given me when the car was registered.....

help. so confused.

right i have done an hpi check on car i [was] hoping to buy this time  - definatly no write off yay on the other hand 2 red alerts came up:

Data currently held on the National Mileage Register (NMR) indicates that there may be a mileage

discrepancy on this vehicle.

The V5 registration document issue date does not match the information provided by the DVLA

oct 2011 NMR has milage of 70k

dvla 2013 has milage of 65k

what to do now?

going from the old mot's which can be viewed online the mileage was consistant.... now i'm confused why there are 2 parties that should both have the same info and dont?

the date for for v5c reg seller said was 31/3/05 but i'm thinking he's given me when the car was registered.....

help. so confused.

Walk away.

mileages from the dvla mot history check

2008: 18,087
2009: 26,064
2010: 35,851
2011: 45,814
2012: 56,957
2013: 67,548
2014: 69,504

so we thinking its been tampered with? probably not by this owner though.... which is a bit annoying. how to break the news you no longer will buy the car without looking like a knob & he came to aberdeen to meet me.

if the dash clocks have been replaced if faulty, then a vehicle can show a different mileage from what the dvla may have on file. 

if it is an honest repair then an honest seller would have proof they had changed the dash clocks and noted original mileage on the service book.

pa dishonest can also purposely fit clocks with lesser mileage and sell on with ignorance. 

I would trust the MOT mileage over the quoted mileage.

Another thing would be if the V5 was sent for change of ownership and the mileage was incorrectly written in when sent away could have caused the conflict of information.

do they have receipts/proof this head gasket has been done.

What are they asking for the car, people who travel distances to sell things are usually more keen on selling, won't drop the price to cover travel expenses and are further away from you encase of a come back.

I would challenge the current ownership of the car, who's name is it on the V5? is it the same person that is selling it to you. if so get them to prove it.

I wouldn't trust buying privately without making sure its the person selling the car actually owns it and not some fabled story of their cousin having a baby and getting rid.

many people make a living just punting fixer-uppers, it's a fair game with honest people just making their money to get through, but you will always get the horrible sort always on the look to con you.

one thing is when i person buys a fixer-upper from say an auction, they wont send away the v5 to transfer ownership onto themselves. reason being that it reduces the number of previous owners/easier to sell.

• Upvote 1