aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Cool Thinker

I really wouldn't worry about having your qualifications for the interview, only take what you have been asked to take (usually just a passport), they are more interested in how you are with communication and dealing with customers then what qualifications you gained at school.

When I got my job at McD's I turned up to drop off my application and was asked to come back later that day for an interview, cue me being interviewed in blue combat trousers, ex-German army shirt and green combat jacket (I was 16 and it was the mid 90's). Got asked to attend the induction the next day and started the following Thursday.

There is some virtual online things too now.

I have an interview at McDonalds (providing I can get the date changed) and my qualifications will not be ready and all I have are my tea stained qualification they are not that but like one small stain on one page and I was wondering should I take them and tell them I have new ones on the way or should I just say which qualifications I have and say I will send copies when I get them?

McDonalds hate formal they love informal. The why I am asking is I am afraid they might think I am bullshitting them. They know the qualifications because I had to enter them on the website. Is it rude to ask which McDonald's as I have applied to 2 different McDonalds.

I think the person who arranges these interview's is on my college course. I need it re-arranged due to it falling on a time when I am doing an examination at school.

Firstly, good work in getting the interview! Fingers crossed it goes well for you.

Your qualifications won't be an issue, certainly not at interview stage. They will normally only require a copy of your qualifications (if at all) after you have been offered the job, and on your induction day (along with your passport/proof of ID). Your tea-stained qualifications documents will be acceptable, if they even ask for them.

If it's the Bucksburn store you'll be on my old stomping ground, although things have changed wildly since I was there (a refurb for a start).

Good luck!

Guest Cool Thinker

Firstly, good work in getting the interview! Fingers crossed it goes well for you.

Your qualifications won't be an issue, certainly not at interview stage. They will normally only require a copy of your qualifications (if at all) after you have been offered the job, and on your induction day (along with your passport/proof of ID). Your tea-stained qualifications documents will be acceptable, if they even ask for them.

If it's the Bucksburn store you'll be on my old stomping ground, although things have changed wildly since I was there (a refurb for a start).

Good luck!

It is at the one in ASDA. Bucksburn have not looked at my application yet. 

Apparently the interview is just 15 minutes of doing tasks like serving etc just general tasks to see if I could do them and then a 5/10 mins interview.

Just remember to upsell at every opportunity when serving, always greet the customer with a hi and a smile and thank the customer after the purchase. If they have to wait for food to be cooked, tell them to take a seat and you'll bring the food over to them. The maximum time they look for between entering store and getting food is 3 minutes, two in the queue and one at the till.

If you are going to be working in the dining area, make sure tables are cleared and cleaned quickly and trays are returned to the counter, always look like you are busy and doing things, even if you have nothing to do, look like you have.

Just remember to upsell at every opportunity when serving, always greet the customer with a hi and a smile and thank the customer after the purchase. If they have to wait for food to be cooked, tell them to take a seat and you'll bring the food over to them. The maximum time they look for between entering store and getting food is 3 minutes, two in the queue and one at the till.

If you are going to be working in the dining area, make sure tables are cleared and cleaned quickly and trays are returned to the counter, always look like you are busy and doing things, even if you have nothing to do, look like you have.

Oh God, dirty tables, that should be in Pet Hates. My work canteen has about 50 tables, they clean them before the lunchtime rush then don't do them again until it closes at 4pm. When I go down around 2 - 3.00 for my lunch every table is fucking filthy. It's not so bad when it's just crumbs, I can just brush them off with a newspaper, but half of them are covered in sauce and yoghurt and coleslaw and shit. Minging.