aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

It is at the one in ASDA. Bucksburn have not looked at my application yet. 

Apparently the interview is just 15 minutes of doing tasks like serving etc just general tasks to see if I could do them and then a 5/10 mins interview.

Good luck! If you have any specific questions then feel free to ask away. I went to Hamburger University, don't you know? (I wish I was joking.)

Will a plug and play mouse start working right away on a laptop, or will I have to find a setting to disable the touchpad first? My laptop's touchpad has gone crazy and it just does what it wants. I think there's a poltergeist in there. It's not really very usable now. The cursor just pings all over the place, the buttons either don't work, or act as if their functions have been switched, so menus just pop up all over the place. Definitely a poltergeist.

Will a plug and play mouse start working right away on a laptop, or will I have to find a setting to disable the touchpad first? My laptop's touchpad has gone crazy and it just does what it wants. I think there's a poltergeist in there. It's not really very usable now. The cursor just pings all over the place, the buttons either don't work, or act as if their functions have been switched, so menus just pop up all over the place. Definitely a poltergeist.

You talking Windows here I presume?  Disable (not uninstall) the touchpad in Device Manager.  A plug n play mouse will just start working right away in general, but it won't take priority over the touchpad.  They'll both work at the same time.

Edited by neepheid

Ju

It will just work, as long as its USB which on a laptop it will be. Just disable your mousepad first. 

Disabling it in Windows means that you won't have to remember to press a button you may or may not have to soft disable the touchpad.  Of course you could take the ultimate sanction and crack open your laptop.  The touchpad is almost certainly connected to the motherboard by some film/ribbon cable.  Disconnect cable.  Job done, forever.