aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Aberdeen College does not have an HNC Accounting Course only HND although my lecturer (she is female) is very confident that you can go from NC to HND she said if you find it fine and do well in the assessments you should find it quite easy. One problem I have found about Abcol is lack of paper they expect you to print everything out at own even 50 page booklets and all that. The lecturers although have printed out booklets to save us money but they get there printing allowance strictly monitored. They are also cutting down on keys by replacing locks with code lock systems. They are selling the south block of the gallowgate campus and are becoming North East Scotland College in November after merging with Banff & Buchan College.

No HNC could work as an advantage to speed it up.

It does - you apply for the HND which consists of two years (first year being HNC) and if you leave after the first year with an HNC and move onto uni or a job if you don't wanna do any more. Yeah she's right, you're usually meant to go from NC to HNC/HND directly.

I remember hearing about that... No clue about it though. The printing thing is fucking annoying 'cause we used to get vague handouts that needed the lecturer to explain in order to write in extra notes. It's worth getting some books, maybe they will have a recommended reading list this time around.

Guest Cool Thinker

It does - you apply for the HND which consists of two years (first year being HNC) and if you leave after the first year with an HNC and move onto uni or a job if you don't wanna do any more. Yeah she's right, you're usually meant to go from NC to HNC/HND directly.

I remember hearing about that... No clue about it though. The printing thing is fucking annoying 'cause we used to get vague handouts that needed the lecturer to explain in order to write in extra notes. It's worth getting some books, maybe they will have a recommended reading list this time around.

Really it advertises it as HND Accounting. I searched and found a Part Time HNC but that has been discontinued. I am sure it will be fine.

HND consists of: year 1 (also known as HNC, you will get a higher national certificate after first year) and Year 2 (aka final HND year, where you get a higher national diploma once completed). :) You apply for HND even if you want to do one year - HNC. Scientific is best for the maths unit because of fractions and things there's not time to fuck around with in exams. :D You get those in ASDA really cheap, so.

Well, that's a relief, thanks for keeping us up to date. I spent almost an hour glued to my computer screen, my fist in my mouth and cursing. You'd have thought I was watching Breaking Bad or something.

well the only way i can afford this night out is if i sell my tele which i have. Now i have no electric guitar. If this night goes to shit i really dont know what im going to do. Cry or take a physco outrage on the city of aberdeen

well the only way i can afford this night out is if i sell my tele which i have. Now i have no electric guitar. If this night goes to shit i really dont know what im going to do. Cry or take a physco outrage on the city of aberdeen

Is this really a sensible course of action?  If I had to sell something I like to afford to go out, I think I'd rather stay in.  But that's just me.

So, what happens if it doesn't go to shit, and but she packs you in after about 3 weeks. Would it still be worth it?

Are you not making enough money from your five jobs?