aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You can get ukelele's really cheap in the Sue Ryder Care charity shops.

I can't comment on the Sue Ryder ones but the cheap ones in general usually struggle a bit with tuning issues. Ukes in general are too quiet as well. I need a banjolele, I can't do Formby properly on a uke.

Guest idol_wild

Ukuleles are great! From my experience, you can get a good one for less than a hundred quid easily.

It's all about banjos, though. Banjos are just swell.

Ukuleles are great! From my experience, you can get a good one for less than a hundred quid easily.

It's all about banjos, though. Banjos are just swell.

I bought a banjo a few years ago, meant to learn to play it, never got time, sold it to Jan last year. I thought I could just learn the chords but all the "learn banjo" books wanted me to learn crazy-ass 5 finger picking. Fuck that, too hard.

Guest idol_wild
I bought a banjo a few years ago, meant to learn to play it, never got time, sold it to Jan last year. I thought I could just learn the chords but all the "learn banjo" books wanted me to learn crazy-ass 5 finger picking. Fuck that, too hard.

Aww dude - all the chords you need will be online. Everyone knows banjos are best played with strummed chords - not crazy-ass wild west style finger picking. :up:

How would a guitar sound through a bass head and guitar cab?

Been looking to upgrade my guitar amp to a small valve combo for a couple years now but just haven't got the cash. I own one of the 500 watt Orange Bass Terror heads and I've heard they can sound great with an electric, although I'm very sceptical. I would have presumed it'd be a pretty muddy tone, but I haven't got a clue really. So yeah, say I had a 1x12 or 2x12 cab...any idea how it would sound?

I can't comment on the Sue Ryder ones but the cheap ones in general usually struggle a bit with tuning issues. Ukes in general are too quiet as well. I need a banjolele, I can't do Formby properly on a uke.

I ended up buying one of the coloured Maholo ukuleles off eBay as I was told they are slightly better quality than the SRC ones. It was only 15 plus postage, and frankly it's the greatest thing I've ever bought. I'm gonna get so much pussy with this thing.