aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

i've been making a lot of soups lately. got the consistency down now but there always seems to be a settling watery layer.

what could i use as a natural emulsifier?

i just read that lemon juice is good but i dont want a lemon taste in with either sweet potato or carrot & red pepper.

Honey or mustard are good emulsifiers.

Grey area I think. There's no specific offence for smoking, like there is for mobile phones, but if you get a bastard cop he could decide that you weren't in sufficient control of the vehicle. Same as he could decide that you shouldn't be eating an apple, or your seat is too reclined so you can't hold the steering wheel properly etc etc. It would be down to his judgement but I doubt it would go as far as court.

I've certainly heard of people getting tickets for eating while driving so I might be covered by the same thing. It's really not that different from using a phone while driving, except that your hand is at your mouth and not your ear. What prompted me to post this was this morning right in front of a cop car I went round a roundabout with one hand turning the wheel and other flicking fag ash out the window, and I thought "Ooh, that was a bit dangerous".

Kinghorn is absolutely extortionate, i hit the passenger rear side a year or so ago and the scratch was across three panels. Wasnt particularly deep but in total they quoted me nearly a grand. After pissing me pants i promptly left.

I ended up going through a company that Halfords use, they turn up twice a week to the Torry shop and you book your car in advance. The boys at halfords take out a wee diagram and let you know how much for each panel, or in your case, for the bonnet.

It cost me about 300 pound but that was for 3 panels or so, it was pretty reasonable so worth checking it out. I couldnt see any marks after, although the Kinghorn boy said it was a poor job....but he would.

I went into Halfords recently, and after getting some of the worst service I've ever had in my life (from both the idiot girl on the counter that hardly looked up from her mobile phone while serving me, and the guy who was changing my bulbs and didn't know how to change bulbs), I asked the guy about the scratch. I'd managed to coax a smidgen of information out of the idiot counter girl that yes, they do fix scratches, well bulb guy took one look at it and went "Nah sorry mate, we can't fix that" then just fucked off inside and that was the end of that.

Bad customer service.

To be fair, Kinghorn will be expensive, though - as I said - they are one of the best going up here for sure.

It depends how much you care. If you just want the scratch gone and it to be painted etc. then by all means go somewhere cheaper. Kinghorn (and Castle Park) will do it WELL though.

I can't remember the name of the place (I'll post if it comes back to me) but it's pretty much opposite the Seat garage (up the road from Audi) at Tullos. They are reasonably priced too I believe!

*EDIT* Can you describe the Halfords bulb fitter, just so I can tell if it is the same person I think it is. PM if you prefer :)

As opposed to what?

There's level of quality in terms of the finish of the paint (application, evenness, baking, colour

matching).

Some places either don't bake and allow to cure properly which will accelerate flaking. Application technique being poor can cause an 'orange peel' effect.

If you go somewhere that does the job better and avoids these issues through technique and attention to detail then you will get a better result. This is what the places that cost more which I suggested will do.

As I said, if you just want the scratch reduced/removed (depth dependent) and it

painted then it'll be cheaper than having it done to said better standard. Which you choose will come down to what you'd notice/how much you care. E.g. I'm a big car enthusiast and wouldn't want any less than ideal when getting paint work done.

:up:

Or failing that, try contents insurance. My laptop got wrecked a couple of years ago; so it was either buy a new one or pay the 50 excess and claim it through the insurance policy. Although, some companies specifically state that they don't cover laptops, so I guess you'd have to check their small print.

take out the screen and find the serial number and try finding a spares supplier for that brand.

I did that for my samsung N150 notebook a few months ago when my screen ended up totalled after a barbeque.

I had no idea how to do it but its actually really quite straight forward to do and saved me a titload. 70quid for a new screen as opposed to a shitload more that PC world wanted to charge.

take out the screen and find the serial number and try finding a spares supplier for that brand.

I did that for my samsung N150 notebook a few months ago when my screen ended up totalled after a barbeque.

I had no idea how to do it but its actually really quite straight forward to do and saved me a titload. 70quid for a new screen as opposed to a shitload more that PC world wanted to charge.

NEVER EVER EVER go to PC World to get anything repaired EVER

Presumably you don't want to buy an Apple lead from PC World 'cos the price squares.

(that's my super clever apple joke lololololool)

Internet. Every time. I've come to realise that it's not dehumanising to buy things this way. Dehumanising is having people act like retarded greedy/enslaved robots in your face when you could be deselecting tick boxes on a computer screen.

Guest idol_wild
What should I watch before bed? An episode of Sliders, an episode of Mad Men, 2 episodes of Arrested Development or 2 episodes of Seinfeld

I will accept the first answer received below. Maybe. I might just make up my own mind.

Whatever you do, don't do what I have fallen into the habit of doing: reading about the World Wars and watching related material. And reading about World War hauntings.

I have no idea why, but it seems to affect my dreams and general ability to fall asleep quite heavily. :rolleyes:

Does anywhere in town sell Polaroid Instant 600 film? I've seen wildly varying prices online.

Found an old polaroid instant camera today helping my papa move into his new flat. He was just going to chuck it in a box to give to charity but I asked and received. Now I just need some film, but I'm under the impression it's quite pricey :(

Does anywhere in town sell Polaroid Instant 600 film? I've seen wildly varying prices online.

Found an old polaroid instant camera today helping my papa move into his new flat. He was just going to chuck it in a box to give to charity but I asked and received. Now I just need some film, but I'm under the impression it's quite pricey :(

pretty much no. Urban outfitters used to have some and there was some company still doing it but im not sure if they still exist, it was around 16 if I remember correctly