aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Why does everybody hate Coldplay?

Superb band IMO, OK Chris Martin is a bit of a knob, but never understand why there's so much hate for them.

I think most of their stuff is good but their breakthrough single, Yellow, was fucking terrible.

Why does everybody hate Coldplay?

Superb band IMO, OK Chris Martin is a bit of a knob, but never understand why there's so much hate for them.

I really like Parachutes. It's nice. Some people are very anti-nice and that's ok because they're entitled to their opinion. I don't really understand why people get so upset about them but then I don't really understand why people get aggressive about music they don't like very much in general.

I'm not so keen on the first album, but Rush Of Blood is smashing, if a little over-long. Ditto X&Y, some epic songs on there. I guess they can sound a little bland if, as stroopy said, it's background music you're talking over, but if you're really listening it can be wonderful, some beautiful chord changes and the like.

I like their first single, the one before Yellow that didn't really get anywhere. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called though. There's a couple of other singles I like too, but wouldn't feel the need to listen to a full album.

Shiver?

Shiver is the one that got me started with them. I got it off Napster and everything.

I was never cool.

Hobbycraft or Staples perhaps?

EDIT: Staples is at Kittbrewster Retail Park which I realise is not in town, but you could get some scran from the burger van whilst you're there.

It's right out of my way unfortunately. Need to get it on my lunch to post something tomorrow before last post. I expected to be able to get it today from the Posty/Smiths. Bugger.