aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Anyone know the phone number for the TV licensing place? It's nigh on impossible to find on their website.

Registered for one online a few weeks ago, no email with it, no payments from my bank account yet either, but I don't know if that is because it's not been taken out yet or if it hasn't gone through. Don't fancy paying twice either!

Anyone know the phone number for the TV licensing place? It's nigh on impossible to find on their website.

Registered for one online a few weeks ago, no email with it, no payments from my bank account yet either, but I don't know if that is because it's not been taken out yet or if it hasn't gone through. Don't fancy paying twice either!

Try: 0300 790 6131.I think it's their complaints dept but they should be able to pass you through.

Thanks Chris. I'll probably stick to 2 days then. I'm very cautious with food, as soon as it reaches it's sell by date, it's in the bin.

Ok, 2 more then I'm done with the questions:

1- is it illegal to smoke when you're driving? Surely if you've got one hand on the wheel and the other holding a fag, it's driving without due care and attention

2- anyone know a good place to get a big scratch on my car repaired and roughly how much it would cost?

Guest idol_wild
1- is it illegal to smoke when you're driving? Surely if you've got one hand on the wheel and the other holding a fag, it's driving without due care and attention

2- anyone know a good place to get a big scratch on my car repaired and roughly how much it would cost?

You've been smoking whilst driving, haven't you?

Thanks Chris. I'll probably stick to 2 days then. I'm very cautious with food, as soon as it reaches it's sell by date, it's in the bin.

Ok, 2 more then I'm done with the questions:

Smoking while driving is not an offence, provided it's a private vehicle.

I got my car fixed at James Conn on St. Clair St (next to Morrisons on King St), admittedly it was a few years ago, but they did a top job. Cost difficult to guesstimate....depends on how deep the scratch is, where it is, will it need a respray etc.

Cost is dependant totally on the type of paint (metallic etc.) and the size of the scratch/panel.

For pretty good prices and fast turnaround, Ellon Autobody (on Logie Street at Tipperty (so just before you get to Ellon)) are pretty good.

For some of the best quality work in and around Aberdeen I'd suggest:-

Castle Park Autobody Ltd.

Unit 20

Castle St, Castlepark Industrial Estate, ELLON, Aberdeenshire

AB41 9RF

013587 25852

or

Kinghorn Bodyshop

Blackburn Business Park, Blackburn, Aberdeen

AB21 0PS

(01224) 790009

I've seen work from all 3 that I've listed above and the last 2 are particularly good. When getting the Supra fully resprayed (some day :princess: ) I'll be going to one of those two for sure. :)

Guest droid

I got my car fixed at James Conn on St. Clair St (next to Morrisons on King St), admittedly it was a few years ago, but they did a top job. Cost difficult to guesstimate....depends on how deep the scratch is, where it is, will it need a respray etc.

I got a warranty job done @ Conn's a couple of years back too,

they totally fucked up the spray job twice.I ended up getting the job done from someone in Peterhead.

Cost is dependant totally on the type of paint (metallic etc.) and the size of the scratch/panel.

For pretty good prices and fast turnaround, Ellon Autobody (on Logie Street at Tipperty (so just before you get to Ellon)) are pretty good.

For some of the best quality work in and around Aberdeen I'd suggest:-

Castle Park Autobody Ltd.

Unit 20

Castle St, Castlepark Industrial Estate, ELLON, Aberdeenshire

AB41 9RF

013587 25852

or

Kinghorn Bodyshop

Blackburn Business Park, Blackburn, Aberdeen

AB21 0PS

(01224) 790009

I've seen work from all 3 that I've listed above and the last 2 are particularly good. When getting the Supra fully resprayed (some day :princess: ) I'll be going to one of those two for sure. :)

I'll give one of them a go, cheers. It's a pretty long scratch and it's right down to the metal, some wee toerag keyed / knifed it last year, one long scratch about 18 inches right across the bonnet. Been meaning to get it fixed for about a year, I just filled it in with primer and sealed it stop it rusting and then never did anything else with it. Thinking of trading in soon so figure it's probably worth getting that repaired first.

Grey area I think. There's no specific offence for smoking, like there is for mobile phones, but if you get a bastard cop he could decide that you weren't in sufficient control of the vehicle. Same as he could decide that you shouldn't be eating an apple, or your seat is too reclined so you can't hold the steering wheel properly etc etc. It would be down to his judgement but I doubt it would go as far as court.

I'll give one of them a go, cheers. It's a pretty long scratch and it's right down to the metal, some wee toerag keyed / knifed it last year, one long scratch about 18 inches right across the bonnet. Been meaning to get it fixed for about a year, I just filled it in with primer and sealed it stop it rusting and then never did anything else with it. Thinking of trading in soon so figure it's probably worth getting that repaired first.

Kinghorn is absolutely extortionate, i hit the passenger rear side a year or so ago and the scratch was across three panels. Wasnt particularly deep but in total they quoted me nearly a grand. After pissing me pants i promptly left.

I ended up going through a company that Halfords use, they turn up twice a week to the Torry shop and you book your car in advance. The boys at halfords take out a wee diagram and let you know how much for each panel, or in your case, for the bonnet.

It cost me about 300 pound but that was for 3 panels or so, it was pretty reasonable so worth checking it out. I couldnt see any marks after, although the Kinghorn boy said it was a poor job....but he would.