aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I know it might sound silly, but if you can't find tape. you just use brown tape and then print off "FRAGILE" in red on white paper then sellotape on various areas of the box?

Can't you just write fragile on the package with magic marker? Do posties only pay attention to the red & white labels, or are they obliged to knock about packages delivered by penny pinchin cunts or something?

Can't you just write fragile on the package with magic marker? Do posties only pay attention to the red & white labels, or are they obliged to knock about packages delivered by penny pinchin cunts or something?

Because people reuse boxes all the time I would've thought you need a nice shiny new label, bought or made yourself, on it. Marker pen might not do the job.

Because people reuse boxes all the time I would've thought you need a nice shiny new label, bought or made yourself, on it. Marker pen might not do the job.

I go with the assumption that couriers don't pay attention whether the word FRAGILE is written on, stuck on with tape or displayed on a battery powered neon sign integrated into the parcel. That's why you should make your parcel basically bomb proof.

Oh, and if you're sending something in a hardcase always flatten a cardboard box and tape it round. 'cause if your hardcase gets damaged they don't replace it as it's "external packaging" or something. If it does get damaged and you've got it covered in cardboard then they have to.

The package is going to be bubblewrapped to fuck, then wrapped in a strong black polythene so can't write anything on it. If I can't get the Fragile tape, I'll just print out the word Fragile a bunch of times and tape it on, but the actual Fragile tape would be easier

Two things about Coldplay. Firstly, it seems that they are for thr most part a bunch of dicks.

Secondly while they unquestionably have a few nice tunes that you can hum along to, they all pretty much sound the same. They haven't really "evolved" as a band in the last 10 years. You know what you can expect from a Coldplay record. A nice tune, some twinkly piano and some vaguely U2 delay/chorus guitar farting about on the top of it.

I can't imagine ever being surprised by a Coldplay record. Whereas the very best pop artists always challenged themselves and moved on while at their peak, Bowie, Madonna, even U2 up until about 10 years ago.

Two things about Coldplay. Firstly, it seems that they are for thr most part a bunch of dicks.

Secondly while they unquestionably have a few nice tunes that you can hum along to, they all pretty much sound the same. They haven't really "evolved" as a band in the last 10 years. You know what you can expect from a Coldplay record. A nice tune, some twinkly piano and some vaguely U2 delay/chorus guitar farting about on the top of it.

I can't imagine ever being surprised by a Coldplay record. Whereas the very best pop artists always challenged themselves and moved on while at their peak, Bowie, Madonna, even U2 up until about 10 years ago.

Hmmm, for me personally, there is a marked difference between the guitar-orientated indie-pop of their first album and the more open, mature musicality of their last one. They may have taken a slow run at "evolving" and they may have settled into a niche now though.