aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I'm thinking about going to the France vs Scotland 6 nations game. Can't seem to find any official sources for tickets but apparently they should be available through the SRU. Anyone know how to buy them without going through 3rd party ticket agencies?

For away tickets you probably need to know someone with ties to a Rugby Club. I've sent an email to our ticket secretary to see if the deadline for ordering has passed.

This is a link to a friend's car collection.

I am intrigued to know whether everyone can view the pictures or can they only be seen by people who are signed up to facebook? Let me know please.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151188975798263.450005.698578262&type=1#!/media/set/?set=a.10150430939871066.411323.741841065&type=3

I'm logged into Facebook right now and when I click the link I get a "Sorry, this content is currently unavailable. The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page." message. Same when I log out.

Thanks Dave for your research. So it appears you must be a Facebook friend of mine to be able to view. Again thanks.

Thanks Dave for your research. So it appears you must be a Facebook friend of mine to be able to view. Again thanks.

I am a friend of yours on there and I get the same message as Dave." The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

I did find it on your page though at the URL

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150430939871066.411323.741841065&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.10151188975798263.450005.698578262&type=1

Anyone succesfully kicked the habit, and got any tips to share?
I only really smoked when I was out drinking but now don't at all. Basically, whenever I wanted a cigarette I told myself "Don't be a twat, you don't actually need one." and then after about 3 weeks I just...didn't ever want one.

Anyone succesfully kicked the habit, and got any tips to share?

Cold turkey, it's the only way. Try and find a sport or something you enjoy to give you something that will naturally replace the high from nicotine and try and drink less for the first couple of weeks to reduce the temptation.

• Upvote 1

I reckon all the 'tricks' are likely to lead to picking it up again. There's something more satisfying about cold turkey and your mind is a much better tool than any gum or e-cig. Think of it like a little game. By not smoking you are winning. Health, money, smell - one less cig boosts all these parts of your life. You will have moments when you really want a smoke more than anything in the world - at this point the 'victory' of not smoking is even more rewarding. It's a fucking hard thing to do but I found this kind of thinking worked for me and I haven't smoked in months. I figured I'd cut out alcohol an coffee because they are the kings of cigarette combination but actually I pushed myself to enjoy these things without smoking as a way of challenging myself and so 'winning' when I go on a night out and don't smoke.

This may sound like utter wank and be of no use to you but good luck

Thanks chaps. I'm having my last beautiful, smooth, smoky delight-stick before bed tonight then smoke-free tomorrow. I have been thinking of it for a while, my friend has been diagnosed with some kind of weird heart issue, she's had to give up smoking, booze, caffiene, sweeties and a bunch of other stuff all at the same time. No tea, no coffee, no cola, no beer, no chocolate. I'd just kill myself. So I thought I'd at least try and give up the cigs with her, no fucking way I could give up coffee though. I wouldn't even consider it. I'd claw some cunt's face off by lunchtime. Then I'd throw it on the ground and spit on it. Or more likely I'd be tired and have a headache.

I reckon all the 'tricks' are likely to lead to picking it up again. There's something more satisfying about cold turkey and your mind is a much better tool than any gum or e-cig. Think of it like a little game. By not smoking you are winning. Health, money, smell - one less cig boosts all these parts of your life. You will have moments when you really want a smoke more than anything in the world - at this point the 'victory' of not smoking is even more rewarding. It's a fucking hard thing to do but I found this kind of thinking worked for me and I haven't smoked in months. I figured I'd cut out alcohol an coffee because they are the kings of cigarette combination but actually I pushed myself to enjoy these things without smoking as a way of challenging myself and so 'winning' when I go on a night out and don't smoke.

This may sound like utter wank and be of no use to you but good luck

Good advice Charlie Sheen.

Onto my 5th day without a smoke. Going pretty well. Ca_gere's Charlie Sheen advice is actually helping a lot. Everytime I want to smoke I'm like "FUCK YOU SMOKING, I AM BETTER THAN YOU YOU WILL NOT DEFEAT ME!" then I have some Percy Pigs and I'm fine.

Sounds about right, my Dad developed something of a Polo mint addiction after giving up the Hamlets.

Can anyone recommend a good sound system for my TV in the living room?

I stream music from spotify via Apple TV a lot as well as watch movies so I use it as my main stereo. Dunno if I can be bothered installing 5.1 speakers in the ceiling coz we have high ceilings and I know I'd make an arse of it. Maybe that's not the tech nowadays anyway? I've seen systems that have two speakers and 'project' as if it were 5.1. Any good?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I don't need something with a huge sound coz I live in a block of flats and won't have it up too loud. I guess clarity is more important.

Can anyone recommend a good sound system for my TV in the living room?

I stream music from spotify via Apple TV a lot as well as watch movies so I use it as my main stereo. Dunno if I can be bothered installing 5.1 speakers in the ceiling coz we have high ceilings and I know I'd make an arse of it. Maybe that's not the tech nowadays anyway? I've seen systems that have two speakers and 'project' as if it were 5.1. Any good?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I don't need something with a huge sound coz I live in a block of flats and won't have it up too loud. I guess clarity is more important.

Soundbars and 2.1 systems give good attempts at a surround effect but they're nowhere near as good as a conventional 5.1 set-up. Please don't even contemplate a ceiling speaker install, they always sound shite.

It depends what you want to achieve out of it really and also that age-old question of how many £($)s you have to spend?

• Upvote 1

I just meant running the wires up the corner and sticking the wee speakers on the wall up high, not a crazy in built thing. I just like it to look neat - I hate having wires everywhere so if there was a 2.1 system that did the job just as well, I'd go for that.

Money-wise I'm kinda open to spending a fair bit if its worth it. I don't really know how much quality I can get for what price. Is 300 quid enough for something worthwhile?