aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive laptop and where might be a good place to look for good discounts after christmas?

I don't need anything fancy, if it can stream footy matches in good quality it's good enough for me.

edit- also I don't want to be the new lucky. I want to be able to handle non spoilered gifs!!

have you seen the new chromebook? don't know if it's any good but looks ok for streaming and general internet stuff and cheap.

What are seeders and leechers? I don't really understand.

EDIT - Not that I download illegally. I'm just asking for a friend.

Seeders have the entire file being shared and are actively sharing it. Leechers are currently downloading the file and do not have it all yet. A habitual leecher also is someone with a bad ratio - one who downloads but does not share it afterwards.

EDIT - Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Seeders have the entire file being shared and are actively sharing it. Leechers are currently downloading the file and do not have it all yet. A habitual leecher also is someone with a bad ratio - one who downloads but does not share it afterwards.

EDIT - Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

So when my "friend" finishes downloading Series 1 of Hannah Montana and leaves it to seed after it's finished, does he become a seeder? And is it considered bad form to download something and then just delete it from utorrent?

Is there any bonus, other than being (relatively...) guilt-free in knowing that you're a 'seeder', in keeping them there?

If everyone disconnected as soon as they finished downloading, then the whole system would collapse. Also, some trackers operate a ratio policy and will refuse to let you download if your upload/download ratio sinks below a certain threshold. Taking a system-wide view, you really ought to be aiming for a ratio of 1.00 - giving back what you take. Because people generally connect with ADSL and download many times faster than they upload, you need to leave them on for a good while after completing the download to achieve this.

Not that you should be doing it at all in all honesty but if you're going to do something, do it right.

• Upvote 1

I might have just made it Jake. Plane didn't board till 9:15. And we're still sitting here cos of delays.

The other guys booked taxis for 7:30. Didn't get picked up till 8:30 and got to airport about 9:35 so they were well late anyway. but even though I'm still sitting on the plane in the airport, they're not getting let on.

And despite the taxi being an hour late, one of them slept in and held up the taxi AND forgot his boarding pass. LOL.

Winter tyres: where is most cost effective to buy and have them fitted?

I'm looking at over £600 for a full set from Kwik-Fit according to their website! That surely can't be right.

Your motor had big wheels though, doesn't it? Still, Nissans usually have cheap parts. They used to, at least.