aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

1000 is steep whatever time of year you're looking at. Try the usual suspects: kayak.com, orbitz.com and keep an eye on it over time. I went aer lingus from edinburgh and paid tuppence although have heard icelandair via Reykjavik and another via Toronto are well priced too.

What's tuppence in respect to? Tuppence compared to a grand or tuppence compared to £480?

xx

Anyone local able to fix an ISP Decimator?

Depends on how it's broken.

If it's simply not powering up then odds are you're looking at a faulty connection somewhere with a relatively simple fix. If, however it seems to think it's working fine but is noisy as balls or is having no effect on the signal, odds are it's a fiddly wee component that's fucked and shy of fault-finding the dodgy part and replacing it (which comes with its own set of complications), it's probably goosed.

So, how's she broken?

xx

Bacchus Barrachus? If that is who you mean then they sure are. They played with Pentagram and Gentleman's Pistols a few weeks back at Ivory Blacks.

I have no idea what anything in this post means. I meant the punk band from Shetland who played in The Mooorings a couple years ago.

EDIT - yeah, what Teabags said.

I'm hogging the quick questions thread at the moment but can anyone recommend a good, free, firewall?

I thought my laptop was totally buggered, as everything had slowed right down. Internet speeds were dragging, and pages just not loading and having to press refresh 4 or 5 times to get pages to actually open. Even offline stuff barely worked and took an age to open, and would usually freeze. Did a total clearout of junk, virus scans and everything. No luck. Then I closed my firewall by accident, then all of a sudden everything is mega fast again. I can stream, websites ping open in a flash and everything has stopped crashing. I used to use Online Armour, but it appears to be some sort of memory hog which makes everything run like shit, so recommend ones that aren't that one.

Does anyone have any experience using an aggregator to get their music on Spotify? I was thinking about going with Zimbalam to get the Pigdog album on Spotify and iTunes. Anyone have any experience with them, or know of a better one?

Emubands, since they do a one-off fee rather than a yearly one. I am with Tunecore but I'm not renewing since I haven't even made up the $40 or whatever it was to get the bastard onto iTunes.

Emubands, since they do a one-off fee rather than a yearly one. I am with Tunecore but I'm not renewing since I haven't even made up the $40 or whatever it was to get the bastard onto iTunes.

As far as I can see, Zimbalam is just one-off fees per album too. I'll check out Emubands anyway.

Windows Firewall. Coupled with your router you shouldn't need anything else except a good antivirus like Avast!

I have Avast running all the time too. I always thought Windows Firewall was ding?

I have Avast running all the time too. I always thought Windows Firewall was ding?

It used to be ages ago, then Zonealarm came along and was all, like, free and good and everything, and everyone started using it instead, then Windows got all jealous and made their firewall all good and stuff, and then zonealarm went all like corporate and heavy and trying to sell stuff all the time, and like totally always asking you to upgrade and shit.

• Upvote 2