aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Bob Knob
Is Papa Johns pizza worth the wedge? They are expensive. But I've heard it's good scran. Describe their food to me, in 10 words or less. Or in song.

Good basic pizza. Stay away from dips. Prefer Dominos.

Papa Johns are pure shit. Absolutely the worst of the three main pizza delivery companies. I have one which is about 500 yards from my from door, around two corners, and when the pizza gets to me it looks like it's been stuffed down the back of Lewis Hamilton's car seat for a few laps at Monza. And that 'dip' is a fucking digrace too. Fuck Papa John and his shitty pizza.

• Upvote 1

I think Papa Johns is ace. My avarice usually dictates a couple of nights in per month with a Papa Johns takeaway. The garlic dip that accompanies every pizza is probably Lucifer's semen, but the dips you can select with the combo sides are great - as Woodsinho pointed out, the buffalo sauce is great, and I like the sour cream and honey mustard dips. Their jalapeno and mozzarella bites are magnificent. They also do a pretty mean stuffed crust. Just don't be tempted to dip it into the standard accompanying garlic concoction. The garlic dip must be a massive joke. No way do they believe people will willingly and repeatedly put that mixture into their mouth.

That is way more than 10 words, but why use 10 when about 50 would be better?

• Upvote 1

Is ripping from audio CDs the only way to SAVE music onto the Xbox harddrive?

I have all my music on an external HD which is attached to my Xbox, which also has loads of film and TV on it which I can stream. Is there no way to copy music to use for custom soundtracks in games? Alot of video games come with totally godawful and repetitive soundtracks, with the ability to use your own music instead, but ripping from CDs is a massive pain in the ringer. NHL13 has Anti Flag, the fucking Gaslight Anthem and some weird radio friendly stoner rock on the disc, and it's fucking horrid. ANTI FLAG! Kill it with fire.

Is there no other way?

Is ripping from audio CDs the only way to SAVE music onto the Xbox harddrive?

I have all my music on an external HD which is attached to my Xbox, which also has loads of film and TV on it which I can stream. Is there no way to copy music to use for custom soundtracks in games? Alot of video games come with totally godawful and repetitive soundtracks, with the ability to use your own music instead, but ripping from CDs is a massive pain in the ringer. NHL13 has Anti Flag, the fucking Gaslight Anthem and some weird radio friendly stoner rock on the disc, and it's fucking horrid. ANTI FLAG! Kill it with fire.

Is there no other way?

Not that I'm aware of. You need to rip the CDs to your Xbox hard drive in order to use songs in a custom soundtrack.

I don't know about saving it but you can play music while you're in the game from the external HDD. Just press the home button, go right and then down to the bottom. Obviously this will play music continually and not at select times throughout the game, which might be what you're after.

I don't know about saving it but you can play music while you're in the game from the external HDD. Just press the home button, go right and then down to the bottom. Obviously this will play music continually and not at select times throughout the game, which might be what you're after.

Yeah, I just wanted my own mp3 files to replace the current soundtrack, and not play over the top of the whole game. I've rippd some from CD, but just though it would be easier to have it access the music from my external HDD, or at least be able to move that over to the Xbox HDD.

It kind of makes having a massive Xbox hard drive a bit pointless.