aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Tell me why it is that you do not watch Modern Family and explain to me that if you have seen a handful of episodes why your opinion of it is not great?

Now.

I've seen a couple of episodes. I didn't find them funny or any of the characters particularly interesting and I just generally didn't feel any urge to carry on watching any more.

I've seen a couple of episodes. I didn't find them funny or any of the characters particularly interesting and I just generally didn't feel any urge to carry on watching any more.

You are wrong! I mean that in the nicest way possible, 'cause I think the show is great. If you're ever at a loose end I urge you to give it another go. Season 4 is showing at the moment and the first few episodes have made me laugh more than anything else in a long time. :up:

• Upvote 1

Has anyone suggested a credit card? They usually give you 6 or 9 months interest free on your balance and if you haven't paid it up you can just transfer it to another company who will give you more interest free periods on balance transfer.

Not something I would personally do as I hate to be spending money I don't physically have, but I will be getting a credit card sooner or later for buying a holiday. At least they give you better protection when booking flights etc.

One for the students / recently graduated.

When you're referencing more than one fact from the same source, at different points in a document, do you need to reference it multiple times?

Example:

The Jakebassist hating started when he was posting about suffering with IBS<1> but it escalated when he realised how much he was annoying the easily-trolled among the forum users and began deliberately posting tripe<2>. Now even his "serious" posts are recieved with hostility<4>. blah blah blah, something else that's referenced from source<1*>.

<1>Every

<2>body

<3>hates

<4>Jake

xx

• Upvote 1

Has anyone suggested a credit card? They usually give you 6 or 9 months interest free on your balance and if you haven't paid it up you can just transfer it to another company who will give you more interest free periods on balance transfer.

Not something I would personally do as I hate to be spending money I don't physically have, but I will be getting a credit card sooner or later for buying a holiday. At least they give you better protection when booking flights etc.

Tesco are doing 15 months interest free on balance transfers and purchases just now. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Cool. So in my example would this:

The Jakebassist hating started when he was posting about suffering with IBS<1> but it escalated when he realised how much he was annoying the easily-trolled among the forum users and began deliberately posting tripe<2>. Now even his "serious" posts are recieved with hostility<4>. blah blah blah, something else that's referenced from source<1>.

<1>Every

<2>body

<3>hates

<4>Jake

or this:

The Jakebassist hating started when he was posting about suffering with IBS<1> but it escalated when he realised how much he was annoying the easily-trolled among the forum users and began deliberately posting tripe<2>. Now even his "serious" posts are recieved with hostility<4>. blah blah blah, something else that's referenced from source<5>.

<1>Every

<2>body

<3>hates

<4>Jake

<5>Every

Be the right way to do it?

xx

re. Catalogues: There is Littlewoods, I think Very is their version for those with better credit ratings. All of the stuff is overpriced though, by at least £20. I used Littlewoods for getting some bits and bobs for my old flat, and to be honest would have been better just saving up and buying the stuff as you do pay over the odds.

And outdo your girlfriend with present thoughtfulness instead of just buying expensive crap.

I'm making jam and shortbread this year as my "stocking fillers" and everyone seems to love this idea as it's a bit more effort than just going to Sainsburys and buying packaged shite.

re. Catalogues: There is Littlewoods, I think Very is their version for those with better credit ratings. All of the stuff is overpriced though, by at least £20. I used Littlewoods for getting some bits and bobs for my old flat, and to be honest would have been better just saving up and buying the stuff as you do pay over the odds.

And outdo your girlfriend with present thoughtfulness instead of just buying expensive crap.

I'm making jam and shortbread this year as my "stocking fillers" and everyone seems to love this idea as it's a bit more effort than just going to Sainsburys and buying packaged shite.

Oh she gets thoughtful, that's the £100.

Cool. So in my example would this:

The Jakebassist hating started when he was posting about suffering with IBS<1> but it escalated when he realised how much he was annoying the easily-trolled among the forum users and began deliberately posting tripe<2>. Now even his "serious" posts are recieved with hostility<4>. blah blah blah, something else that's referenced from source<1>.

<1>Every

<2>body

<3>hates

<4>Jake

or this:

The Jakebassist hating started when he was posting about suffering with IBS<1> but it escalated when he realised how much he was annoying the easily-trolled among the forum users and began deliberately posting tripe<2>. Now even his "serious" posts are recieved with hostility<4>. blah blah blah, something else that's referenced from source<5>.

<1>Every

<2>body

<3>hates

<4>Jake

<5>Every

Be the right way to do it?

xx

If it's fresh piece of information from the same source, give it it's own citation I reckon.

• Upvote 2

Noob question:

What on Earth is "getting credit"? Like I've never really thought about that as a concept. No idea what it is/how it works.

Edit: Reading the scrollback it looks like some sort of loan?

yeah, it's basically getting goods now, but paying the cost off over a period of time, or like a credit card where you get a bill at the end of the month as opposed to a debit card where you can only spend what you have.

• Upvote 1