aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Are electrolytes real?! I thought they were just made up shit like thetons or chakras?

xx

Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolyte explains it better than I can.

I am sure there have been some recommendations before for holiday places - so can anyone recommend me a place to go on holiday please? Getting some scholarship money I wasn't expecting and the gf and I want to go somewhere to celebrate end of uni. Budget probably £500-£700 each. Sadly all the places I want to go are far more expensive than that :( Not one of these lie on a beach for a week resorts. Want to experience culture/history and all that stuff. Preferably not too hot as I am basically a vampire and burn in the sun in seconds. Either April or July next year. Thanks :)

Has anyone ever actually pissed or shit themselves in fear? (Promise we won't make fun of you) Does it really happen or is it a myth? I know kids piss themselves with fear, but kids piss themselves all the time. Does it happen to adults?

In a related cool story bro, I went to see a Formula 1 demonstration recently, Jenson Button was there with his McLaren, driving along a makeshift track on the streets. The crowd barriers were about 3 feet from the track. I was next to the "pit exit" at the start of the long straight so he came crawling out of the pits then just as he was passing me, floored it. The noise just about knocked me over and a kid opposite me pissed himself and started crying.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone ever actually pissed or shit themselves in fear? (Promise we won't make fun of you) Does it really happen or is it a myth? I know kids piss themselves with fear, but kids piss themselves all the time. Does it happen to adults?

Often before playing a gig I'll have the urge to piss out of nervousness.

I imagine that if the nerves kicked in suddely enough, hard enough, and you happened to need a shit at the time, that it'd be theoretically possible for a really big fright to make you void your bowels. I know a few people (every one of them a female, strangely) who have pissed a little while laughing. Same principle?

xx

I imagine that if the nerves kicked in suddely enough, hard enough, and you happened to need a shit at the time, that it'd be theoretically possible for a really big fright to make you void your bowels. I know a few people (every one of them a female, strangely) who have pissed a little while laughing. Same principle?

xx

I've pissed myself laughing numerous times.

I dunno if this should be in here or the cats thread but....

One of my ass hole neighbours has started putting down anti-cat stuff all around the outside of our flat except under our windows, the cat always sits in this little cubby bit out the back which is now covered in anti-cat stuff, what are the legal ramifications of me throwing a brick through his window in protest??

They obviously wanted me to know as they left the bottle beside the back door, i had noticed this white powder everywhere but hadnt really thought anything of it. The bottle says its non-toxic, so im not worried about her getting ill but surely there must be something i can do seeing as its common ground. I dont think the cat goes to the toilet anywhere near the flat, she comes back into the flat purely to shit, then goes right back out, but they have never liked the cat since i moved in and ive caught them shooing her away before when she has been sitting outside, but they definitely know its my cat.

Do you rent? Are you allowed cats under the lease? Is it a mix of council and private flats?

If you own your flat and you pay maintainence for the communal areas as long as the cat isn't causing a mess there's really fuck all they can do, I'd just wash the anti-cat stuff away, and tell them that as long as it's put down, you'll wash it away, and if anything happens to your cat, the first point of call will be them.

I private rent from someone who is more than happy for me to have animals in the flat, it is a mix of council and ex-council flats, im pretty sure those lot will be council like. The cubby bit is pretty much a concrete shelter that we keep the recycling in and folk dump shit in it, and from what i can see and smell the cat doesnt pee there, like i say she comes back into the flat to use the litter box then goes back out, it does my head in, i want the fucking thing to go outside! They are grumpy couple of bastards who seem to not like me very much, fuck knows why.

I dunno if this should be in here or the cats thread but....

One of my ass hole neighbours has started putting down anti-cat stuff all around the outside of our flat except under our windows, the cat always sits in this little cubby bit out the back which is now covered in anti-cat stuff, what are the legal ramifications of me throwing a brick through his window in protest??

They obviously wanted me to know as they left the bottle beside the back door, i had noticed this white powder everywhere but hadnt really thought anything of it. The bottle says its non-toxic, so im not worried about her getting ill but surely there must be something i can do seeing as its common ground. I dont think the cat goes to the toilet anywhere near the flat, she comes back into the flat purely to shit, then goes right back out, but they have never liked the cat since i moved in and ive caught them shooing her away before when she has been sitting outside, but they definitely know its my cat.

I think it's best to open a dialogue with the neighbours, unless they are mentals. Do you know if yr cat has been destructive in the past?

There's not much she could destroy, no one has any flowers or anything outside, its just a raised grass area that surrounds the outside of the flats and the concrete bit right outside the back door that right now is filled with bits of old carpet that have been there for months. The outside of the building is just concrete nothing special, even if she had pee'd against it you would only notice if you saw her in the act, it seems more intentional to stop her hanging around outside the flat for whatever reason, i think they just dont like cats in general. Having a word would be great, but they dont look at you or anything if you pass them in the hall, they are the same with the other folk who live here i get on with the rest of them i have met.