aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I cannot stop these fucking LinkedIn emails. I've been into the settings and unchecked every single option regarding emails and notifications, and still they email me every time one of my contacts so much as farts. 11 emails today. 16 so far this week. I was getting emails every day before I'd even fucking signed up. They are relentless. They're like that fucking toaster on Red Dwarf.

Monday - "Hey, do you want to join LinkedIn?

"No"

Tuesday - "Hey, do you want to join LinkedIn?"

"NO!" *click "unsubscribe email address" in email*

Wednesday - "Hey, do you want to join LinkedIn?"

Thursday - "Hey, here's what your friends are doing on LinkedIn"

HOW DO I STOP THE FUCKING EMAILS?

I cannot stop these fucking LinkedIn emails. I've been into the settings and unchecked every single option regarding emails and notifications, and still they email me every time one of my contacts so much as farts. 11 emails today. 16 so far this week. I was getting emails every day before I'd even fucking signed up. They are relentless. They're like that fucking toaster on Red Dwarf.

"No"

Just add the address to your spam list, thats what i did.

"No"

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the community.

"No"

Click on your name

Go to Email Preferences

Click on Set the frequency of emails

Change the dropdown of each option to none

I don't have this option. I assume the new system hasn't been informed who is a supporter now and who isn't?

Yeah it doesn't look like you're a supporter anymore. Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

Oh, why wasn't @tagging or even #hashtagging made available on the new site? Seemed like a nice idea, especially the @tagging one where you could tag a member. @Neil?

Yes, can you please direct your questions relating to the web site upgrade to this thread please: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/index.php?/topic/52924-web-site-upgraded/

Supporters and Sponsors can change their titles, but regular members can't. It's another perk of becoming a Supporter/Sponsor now. I'll be updating the Supporter Scheme subscription page with more info in due course as there are other new benefits now as well (profile customisation for example).

I'm gonna go down to Glasgow in March. I get paid while I'm down there.

Can you tell me about some nice independent record stores?

Monorail is my favourite - it's near Guitar Guitar, just head down King St past the 13th Note and Mono is in the square to your left. The record shop is inside.

Love Music - right next to Queen St station. It's ok, but mostly only for CDs. The vinyl selection is pretty wank.

Rubadub if you're wanting pretty much any dance/electronic music - near St Enoch Square, and if Kenny's Music is still open then there's the bonus of a guitar shop right across the road too.

There's a couple small, mostly secondhand places in the West End too.

• Upvote 1

Yes, can you please direct your questions relating to the web site upgrade to this thread please: http://www.aberdeen-music.com/index.php?/topic/52924-web-site-upgraded/

Supporters and Sponsors can change their titles, but regular members can't. It's another perk of becoming a Supporter/Sponsor now. I'll be updating the Supporter Scheme subscription page with more info in due course as there are other new benefits now as well (profile customisation for example).

aye, but the option isn't there even though we're supporters.  i like the profile customisation too.

Is anyone with Optimus Dentistry in Rosemount - do you know when they open again? I want to try and make an appointment, but no-one answered the phone Mon to Tues, and since yesterday their voicemail has just said it's "closed today".  Their website isn't much use for getting up to date information.

Monorail is my favourite - it's near Guitar Guitar, just head down King St past the 13th Note and Mono is in the square to your left. The record shop is inside.

Love Music - right next to Queen St station. It's ok, but mostly only for CDs. The vinyl selection is pretty wank.

Rubadub if you're wanting pretty much any dance/electronic music - near St Enoch Square, and if Kenny's Music is still open then there's the bonus of a guitar shop right across the road too.

There's a couple small, mostly secondhand places in the West End too.

cheers! monorail it is. might go t rub a dub if i have time. cheers.