aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

The Pet Hates thread was instigated first. The Ace-ic thread was instigated as a counter, from what I gather.

As for the "ic" at the end of it, I think it just means that whatever is written in that thread should pertain to being ace, or should be fundamentally ace.

Personally, I think the adjective "Ace-ic" is a monstrous example of how the English language has evolved. That is a pet hate of mine. How ironic.

Edited by Eupraxia
  • Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

Did you never say ace-ic as a child? Don't think it's something people say anymore, was more of an 80s thing.

I was born in 1996. The Gaelic language was well gone by then.

Is it? I've never heard it in real life, only ever seen it on here :/

Really? I think it's quite prolif, even endem, within a certain demograph and not just on Aberdeen-Mus either. Sometimes people are being sarcast, but maybe they're just a bit eccentr. Still, it's all academ really, I guess I'm just being a bit pedant. I'm off for a gin 'n ton.

Guest Cool Thinker

Probably because he's old enough to be your Dad.

If I ever have children I will be over 30 I am not going to through my life away before I have to.

As for marriage, to quote one of my teachers at school "Why buy one book when you can have a entire library" I guess that means don't get married until over 30. 

Edited by Cool Thinker

If I ever have children I will be over 30 I am not going to through my life away before I have to.

As for marriage, to quote one of my teachers at school "Why buy one book when you can have a entire library" I guess that means don't get married until over 30. 

you should probably spend more time in actual libraries

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

Should I go down to the beach and have a nice sleep breathing in the sea air ?

Nice and cool right now makes me just wan't to take my covers and mattress down there and sleep.

Guest Cool Thinker

Are there any Italian delis in Aberdeen?

I'm looking specifically for one that sells sausages. Love a bit of Italian sausage, me.

When Carluccio's opens in 2014 it will have one.