aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Winter tyres: where is most cost effective to buy and have them fitted?

I'm looking at over £600 for a full set from Kwik-Fit according to their website! That surely can't be right.

You'd be looking at top brand tyres there. For some perspective a brand named 4x4 All Terrain tyre is about £120 quid, I paid about ~800 for 4 new tyres AND new steel wheels all fitted at Tawes Tyres. Those tyres are for all year round use though, on and off road. £600 for some tyres that might get used for 6months at the most is a lot IMO.

• Upvote 1

Winter tyres: where is most cost effective to buy and have them fitted?

I'm looking at over £600 for a full set from Kwik-Fit according to their website! That surely can't be right.

Try black circles

That's where I got mine from. They can do a fitted price and you can get them delivered to certain fitting stations or they can just deliver and you take them to kwik fit or where to fit them for you. I got mine put on at the weekend and it usually costs between £60 and £80 depending on some fucking mystical random bullshit that only a tyre fitter can fathom.

• Upvote 1

How do you put music on your bands page on facebook these days?

My page used to be linked to my soundcloud but doesn't seem to be anymore. Am i being thick? Is there another dead easy way to synch it with soundcloud or bandcamp?

there should be an app for your page for both. if not, you can set up a bandpage account.

Is a cineworld unlimited card worth it ?

Yeah, I reckon.

It's £14.99 a month and a regular adult ticket for one film costs £8.90. Sometimes I go for a long time without using my card, though, and I think that I should cancel it but then there are times where I go to the cinema loads in the space of a month. Cool.

They've finally fixed it so you can do advanced bookings with them now, though. Not sure why they didn't do that years ago, but it seems to be a big deal now.

Also, you can use it with an Orange Wednesday code and not have to pay anything.

That article is hilarious.

Basically, mostly not. They have little nubs which they rub against the girl bird for half a second or so. Their balls get HUNDREDS OF TIMES LARGER during mating season. I fucking well want to see that, someone post a picture of you can find one! Preferrably an african or european swallow looking like he's carrying coconuts.

Some Big Birds do have dicks though.

xx

For Strat type saddles it is usually 1.2mm or 1.5mm depending on series. 1.5mm is the more common size.

R&B will also recommend elsewhere as there aren't spares stocked at the shop. Nickel & Dime possibly? Or go to Gibb Tools if the aforementioned places in all the above replies don't go that small. :)

Cheers James, exactly what I needed :) It's for a set of graphtech string saver saddles if you know which of the two they are? http://www.graphtech.com/product-12-2/I will get a ruler out but at that size not sure I could tell much of a difference between the two.

This is an urgent quick question to do with a project for uni that's due on Friday.

Has anyone here ever been to/adopted from the SSPCA place in Drumoak? And would be willing to describe roughly what the place looks like etc?

I stupidly decided to write a feature on that place without realising that Drumoak is so far away. Hnngggg.

This is an urgent quick question to do with a project for uni that's due on Friday.

Has anyone here ever been to/adopted from the SSPCA place in Drumoak? And would be willing to describe roughly what the place looks like etc?

I stupidly decided to write a feature on that place without realising that Drumoak is so far away. Hnngggg.

drumoak isn't far away, 30 minutes on the 201, 202 or 203.