Lemonade

Blue Spice on Great Northern Road:

Just got delivered one of their meal deals which consisted of:

1 Chicken korma

1 Chicken Bhuna

2 Pilau rice

2 Massive naan breads

2 Massive poppadoms

1 Portion of vegetable pakoras (inc. mango chutney etc)

One side portion of Chicken tikka massala.

Everything above is in huge portions and is near enough Light of Bengal quality...all for £16.50. Best takeaway I've had in ages :up:

Sounds very good, will have to give them a try sometime and see if the Nazma Takeaway Void can be filled!

Got a takeaway with a similar deal from this place in Edinburgh the other week.

Two chicken bhunas, two portions of rice, one naan (booooo! but it was pretty big), three poppadoms and two bottles of Cobra for £16.50. It was quite bland, but I still enjoyed it. Especially for that price.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone been to Goulash in the Adelphi? It is – as the name suggests – Hungarian. I’m going with my Mummy and Daddy tomorrow night. I was told it’s a BYOB place, but I can’t find conformation of this on their website

Been once, it was quite nice. There was definitely some kind of corkage when i was last there but i think there may be a new owner so best phone to check.

Tried K2 last week since its been recommended on here plus I've popped in for chicken parkora once when in the area, thought it was amazing. So been meaning to try them out for a full on curry sesh.

I got the meal for one. contained veg pakora, a chicken bhuna, 2 popadoms, spiced onions and a plain naan. I ordered 2 cans of coke and an extra portion of chicken pakora.

the curry was really good, old fashioned tin foil dish which makes a takeaway curry taste better than the new plastic style ones.

the pakora was under cooked, the chicken wasn't very hot and the meat tasted a little under cooked. the veg pakora was still doughy in the middle and was quite claggy on the pallet. popadoms were fine as was the spicy sauce and spiced onions. the naan was a let down tasted like a pre packaged on from a supermarket, definitely wasn't fresh dough like blue spice naans nom.

they forgot my coke, I has no other juice in the house, paid 90p per tin and gave the driver a tip, so I phoned within 5 mins of receiving the delivery. within 20 mins they had another driver with a 2 litre bottle of coke at no extra charge. yay

I think I'll stick to blue spice/

I ordered from Blue spice a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't rave as much as others here. Food took over an hour to arrive and was pretty cold when we got it.

My recommendation for cheap and decent is the Eastern Eye beside Co-op just of Foresterhill Road (Cornhill shopping centre?) but not sure about how far they deliver. I used to live round the corner from it. For £10 the meal for one (which easily fed two) was 2 poppadoms, 5 veg pakora, pilau rice, almost any curry on the menu and any type of naan. They made the best Roshni I have ever had.

They got my order wrong too. Had that from a few places though so can't bitch too much about it. Hour long waits and cold food are pretty unexcusable though as they defy the point of ordering a takeaway.

Cheap and tasty curry houses are ace. I've had most of the Light of Bengal menu and not spent a penny in their restaurant (no... I don't eat from their bins as cool as it sounds, have a friend who works there and gets staff meals which they share :D) and I don't think the food is worth over double your average takeaway price.

This city needs a Japanese takeaway. I'd love to just be able to order some ramen or bento whenever I felt like it. Ah well Ichiban caters for my needs perfectly. Just need to get a job in Glasgow! Yorokobi does takeaway but it's almost exclusively sushi.

This city needs a Japanese takeaway. I'd love to just be able to order some ramen or bento whenever I felt like it. Ah well Ichiban caters for my needs perfectly. Just need to get a job in Glasgow! Yorokobi does takeaway but it's almost exclusively sushi.

Wagamama does takeaway if that's any help.

I'm sure that Oryza sushi place does take away, never tried it though.

You can also order from Yatai (can't wait till their restaurant opens again).

I agree though, we need more Japanese takeaway.

Was at the Potarch Hotel last Sunday for lunch. Two courses for £17. Had an asparagus and ricotta mousse to start and roast lamb for main. My fiancee had scallops on puy lentils and duck confit. It was beautifully cooked food. Fantastic value for money in a great setting. Little bit slow service but it's a small country hotel so that's forgivable. Besides that I'll always give a bit of leeway for good cooking.

Also went to Derbar in Banchory for dinner tonight. I've had takeaway a few times since we moved here but never been for a sit down meal. Genuinely one of the nicest curries I've had. I went for one of the Murgh dishes with tikka chicken, almonds, chillis and honey. Good heat and the honey really came through in the taste. Both the sauce and the naan were a little oily though. Bonus points for some great tasting poppadom dips too.