aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

From reading the book, I knew what was happening, so maybe killed the surprise a bit but it was still done well. Hope it didn't seemed too rushed for the sake of shock value. I'm sure Tyrion did actually fight with the dwarf Joffrey in the book as well, but I can't remember. 

Loving that Dorne is getting involved now, as well as Theon/Reek.

Bran's story is made to seem a lot more important than I got from the book so I'm interested to see where they lead with it.

This spoiler is for Camie and those following the books, don't click if you haven't read.

You don't think Bran's story is important in the books?  The way it's built up over the books he's going to be pivotal to the whole series.  Either that or Martin will just kill him off in a pathetic whimper at the start of the last one.  He's the eldest male Stark and soon to be wielder of magic. There's a shitload of retribution to be paid and the north remembers.

This spoiler is for Camie and those following the books, don't click if you haven't read.

You don't think Bran's story is important in the books?  The way it's built up over the books he's going to be pivotal to the whole series.  Either that or Martin will just kill him off in a pathetic whimper at the start of the last one.  He's the eldest male Stark and soon to be wielder of magic. There's a shitload of retribution to be paid and the north remembers.

Spoilers for the books ahead of the GoT series.

I think it's more because he just annoys me admittedly. Really can't get drawn into his story because I just don't like his character. I know that he is a big deal to the story and that there is potential in him and his magic but I just don't think Martin puts it across well enough to make me excited for it.

Is it worth a separate thread for GoT?

True Detective was really fucking good. Not sure if there's a second season plan or what they'd do with it but season 1 was some of the best TV I've seen in a while. 

Now roll on Les Revenants part deux.

There is a second season - from what i've read no one from Season 1 is coming back.

Yes, new actors, new director, new everything really except the same script writer and will focus on a a detective partnership. 

I would welcome a specific thread for Game of Thrones, as long as chat were kept to the tv show. 

I've not seen anything online regarding confirmation of a second series of True Detective though they'd be stupid not to. I'd like the director to stay on board though as the aesthetics (i've read he'd be interested in being involved but his scheduling would prevent him shooting the whole thing) and feel of the first season was brilliant. I know Brad Pitt has been mentioned regarding a potential role in a 2nd series if it happens but i'll believe it when i see it.

Up to date on Game of Thrones now.  The episode two ending was so satisfying.

I was willing the death to be as drawn out and grizzly as possible.  It's a bummer that Joffrey is gone though.  He was a great villain.

Also, Keep the book spoilers out of this y'all.  I want to be able to dive into the TV Thread and read everything all guns blazing when I'm up to date on my stories.

Edited by Old Gold
  • Upvote 1

Revisiting Californication. Starting again from the beginning since I haven't watched it in months and I can't really remember what was happening when I stopped.

Also watched the first few episodes of Lilyhammer. It's about an old school NY wise-guy who turns queens on his mob, and is relocated via witness protection to a small snowy town in Norway. Of course he struggles to fit in and hi-jinks ensue. Very dark humour but not that funny so far. I'll stick with it until the end of season 1 at least.

Revisiting Californication. Starting again from the beginning since I haven't watched it in months and I can't really remember what was happening when I stopped.

Cheers for the heads up on that... another something something to magically appear on my hard drive ever week.

Just checked the wiki episode list... can't believe it's still going despite it's fairly crap US ratings.  Excellent TV when it's on it's game though.  Silly Americans.

Anyone watch the first episode of the new TV series version of Fargo? Very promising.

Yup, really enjoyed it.  Never seen the film (though feels like I have as I've seen so many clips of it) so that might help as I don't have too many preconceptions.  Looks like there's going to be a shitload of familiar faces popping up through it.

I forgot it was even still on. I've got loads of episodes to watch. It's petering out like the Office but still a great show.

I've been rewatching the office from Season 3 this week. The merger season. It's cemented it's place in the pantheon of timeless classic sitcoms for me. The Andy meltdown is so great - it's like you get 2 characters for 1 in a single season.

Parks and Rec has been hard to keep up with due to terrible scheduling. The season seems to have been divided into about 6 sections. It's been past it's peak for a while but has maintained a decent level and is rewarding to long time fans. 

I re-watched all of The Office (British) last week. It's without a doubt my favourite British show of all time. I watch it fairly regularly but something I hadn't seen in ages is The League of Gentleman. I loved it back in school and have just downloaded it all to give a long overdue repeat. 

Agree with all of that, it does seem a very good point to end it all. 

So is the next season..

going to be set 3 years in the future? Have they just done a Desperate Housewives?

Apparently it is going to be, yeah. That show was my thought too. I hope it doesn't ruin it, I know most shows use that plot device when they run out of ideas, but I think I have faith in Parks...