aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

All your holy shits semi-ruined that moment for me. Holy shit though!

The first episode made me realise how much I'd forgotten of the first season.

EDIT: Claire is pretty damn ruthless huh?

I'm sorry, min.

I did worry that my initial "holy shit" should be spoiler-tagged in case it was taken as "LOOK OUT FOR THE BIG TWIST, GUYS!" but too late. I'm now hoping that it only gets interpreted as HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT SHOW!

Claire is unstoppable. Greatest villain in a long time.

HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT SHOW. AND ALL AT ONCE! Although I've only watched the first three. Trying to show restraint...

I've only watched the first three. Trying to show restraint...

A combination of today starting with a hangover, having no plans for the entire day and the show being so good have meant me completely failing to have any restraint. I'm probably going to finish it tonight. 

Episode 11 

the secret service guy threesome was a completely what the fuck moment. I can't think of any other reason for it either. The only really significant mis-step of the season.

Is anyone watching True Detective?

Best thing on right now and the first season is shaping up to be one of the seasons of tv drama I've ever seen. 5 of the 8 episodes have been shown now and the last 2 really stepped things up a notch. The last episode was one of the best hours of tv I've watched in a long time.

Cool, someone to chat about it with.

Episode 4 spoiler

that last scene with the robbery that turned into the big shoot out was insane, and amazing that it was filmed all as one shot.

Episode 5 spoiler

This whole episode was crazy, couldn't believe it when Marty shot that guy in the head.

Cool, someone to chat about it with.

Episode 4 spoiler

that last scene with the robbery that turned into the big shoot out was insane, and amazing that it was filmed all as one shot.

Episode 5 spoiler

This whole episode was crazy, couldn't believe it when Marty shot that guy in the head.

Yeah I'd heard there was a crazy tracking one-shot before I watched episode 4, but I was so sucked in I didn't even realise that was it until the end. And Ledoux being finished after the build up of the last two episodes blind-sided me too. 

I'm excited to see if there's going to be scenes in 2012 outside of the interview room in the next episode.

Episode 5 of House of Cards done

Not sure what to think of the whole Goodwin situation. Seems to drag out the story for me, but I think it's because it's so hopeless for him and just get's me stupidly annoyed.

On a plus note, one of the McPoyle brothers from It's Always Sunny is in it though which great.

Loving it so far. The episode where Claire does the interview is just great to watch.

Yeah I'd heard there was a crazy tracking one-shot before I watched episode 4, but I was so sucked in I didn't even realise that was it until the end. And Ledoux being finished after the build up of the last two episodes blind-sided me too. 

I'm excited to see if there's going to be scenes in 2012 outside of the interview room in the next episode.

I didn't completely realise it was one single shot at the time either but I read about it after and then re-watched it paying specific attention to the camera work that second time and was really impressed.

I've had that thought about 2012 too. After the last episode I think there'll be more about 2002 than I had previously thought. I read an interview with a writer that referred to the season as having three clear acts, in which case I could imagine the final episodes featuring much more modern day action. I'd like to see more from the two "company men" investigating in the present day.

Oh, and for those considering whether True Detective is worth watching, out of all the gratuitous boobs to feature in HBO programmes, True Detective had by far the best pair.

It does indeed.

Anyone watching/watched American Horror Story? Onto season two now and it's really good. Fucked up though, really gruesome in places.

Season two is the best.  I thought I'd love season three, but it's a bit "meh" in places.

Loving True Detective at the moment, watched the first 3 episodes and eager to see more.  It's a slow starter but you are left wanting more.

Anyone watching/watched American Horror Story? Onto season two now and it's really good. Fucked up though, really gruesome in places.

It's really great. I don't think season 2 has much of the same horror aspect, but at the same time, wasn't as 'emo'. So it felt a lot better.

Watching Breaking Bad again. I seem to do this every time I'm with a new gf. Once we get to the end I might dump her and find someone else who hasn't seen it, just as an excuse to watch it again.

Did anyone watch season 1 of The Americans? Season 2 started in the US last night with a pretty great episode.

It's next on my list. Well, after True Detective.

Finished Downton Abbey season 4. Plot-wise a weak season but it's still great.

I watched the first two episodes of Lillyhammer last night. Fuck me, its great. Did not expect it to be a light-ish comedy. Highly recommend it so far.