aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I forgot it was even still on. I've got loads of episodes to watch. It's petering out like the Office but still a great show.

I've been rewatching the office from Season 3 this week. The merger season. It's cemented it's place in the pantheon of timeless classic sitcoms for me. The Andy meltdown is so great - it's like you get 2 characters for 1 in a single season.

Andy Bernard is one of my favourite sitcom characters ever. I didn't like it so much when he turned heel in the last series but they pulled it back.

I would also put Phil Dunphy in my top 5.

That's my Phil's-osophy.

Thinking about the that last episode it really feels like it was intended as a final episode and then at the last minute they decided they could have another season.

I think they were probably covering their asses a bit, although a bit of a reboot could prolong shelf life I suppose.

Most of the main characters are fully developed and have run their course though.  I don't know if I'm particularly excited about seeing Tom, Ron, April etc as relatively well rounded individuals.

I am really, really enjoying it. My Mondays consist of getting home first, watching Mad Men and then watching Game of Thrones with my girlfriend. Mondays are the best after 5pm. 

The first episode was a slow-burner, but the last two have been fantastic. Especially the development of Sally and Don's relationship. In fact, the second episode of the season is probably in my Top 5 Mad Men episodes. I'm gutted they're splitting the season in two though. 

I'm not just gutted, I actually get just a little bit angry when I think about it. That is silly, but there really is no reason for it. With Breaking bad it at least lead to 3 extra episodes overall and it worked with plot. Mad Men is getting one extra episode and at this point it's hard to see how or why there'd be a clear plot division in the two parts. 

Agreed completely about Don and Sally. Their scenes together in the second episode were top notch telly.

On the last episode 

I really didn't expect Don to get back into the company so soon but I'm happy he did. It will be very interesting now with those conditions he agreed to.

I'm not just gutted, I actually get just a little bit angry when I think about it. That is silly, but there really is no reason for it. With Breaking bad it at least lead to 3 extra episodes overall and it worked with plot. Mad Men is getting one extra episode and at this point it's hard to see how or why there'd be a clear plot division in the two parts. 

Agreed completely about Don and Sally. Their scenes together in the second episode were top notch telly.

On the last episode 

I really didn't expect Don to get back into the company so soon but I'm happy he did. It will be very interesting now with those conditions he agreed to.

It was really well done. I was almost convinced he was going to tell them to fuck off, but it's even better that he didn't. I don't know how he'll work with Lou, but surely Peggy will come around to him being back since she clearly fucking hates Lou. I fucking hate Lou. Lou can fuck off. 

As to Episode 2 - I loved that Joan did what Cooper asked whilst giving Dawn a huge promotion at the same time.

it was very well done. the scenes with Don just hanging around in the office and no one really sure what he was doing there were great.

I'm sure the partners offered him a deal they thought he'd say no to. Old Don would have said no but I think for the moment at least he genuinely wants to work and prove himself.

How Lou will handle it if/when Don proves himself more capable than he is will be very interesting.