aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Mad Men was brilliant again this week. It's incredibly annoying that there are only two more episodes this year.

Although, I feel like although Ginsberg has always been a bit off an oddball, they maybe went too far too fast with his total breakdown in the latest episode. That said, the shock of it was that you didn't see it coming so I suppose if that was their intention then good job. Lou can just fucking go though, what an absolute shit stain. Don turning up at that meeting and playing his hand was just brilliant. A flash of the old, supremely confident Don. 

I'm also expecting a proper Betty vs Sally throwdown. I'm torn on Betty, sometimes I feel pretty sympathetic towards her, but then she threatens to go and break her kid's arm and it just disappears in a flash of 'what the fuck'.

The show has been consistently brilliant this season. Fuck them for splitting the final season though. Just, fuck them.

Mad Men

The ginsberg thing was really weird. It reminded me of the lawnmower incident in season 3 in the way in which it came out of the blue. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but there's no doubt that it has a powerful effect because it doesn't fit with the overall feel of the show.

The last scene was classic Don Draper. I really hope he gets one over those two guys.

Betty does all she can to make you dislike her.

Mad Men

The ginsberg thing was really weird. It reminded me of the lawnmower incident in season 3 in the way in which it came out of the blue. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it but there's no doubt that it has a powerful effect because it doesn't fit with the overall feel of the show.

The last scene was classic Don Draper. I really hope he gets one over those two guys.

Betty does all she can to make you dislike her.

Mad Men

I think the main problem I have with Betty is that she sometimes has these moments with her kids and she seems to think that this redeems all the truly awful shit she's pulled. But you can draw parallels with her and Skylar. At the start, they're both in relationships with men who they think are one thing, but they turn out to be something completely different. In Skylar's case, a drug dealer who turns out to be an emotionally manipulative asshat. In Betty's case, a womanising adulterer who thinks she's the whore. Yet with Skylar I had real problems with some of the responses to her character from people who thought Walter was the hero of the piece. With Betty, I have problems sympathising with her because she doesn't do herself any favours, but then is she an example of a woman stuck in the wrong era? If she had been born a few years later would she be a career-oriented woman similar to Peggy? I can't decide. I'm having feelings that seem overly-complicated for fictional characters...

Just watched the Agents of SHIELD season finale. Some parts were really very good. Others, well...just left me asking more questions I suppose. 

The way Garrett was dealt with was brilliant. "Hey guys, I found it! I told you it was back here!" I'm glad Ward doesn't seem to be coming back as he was packed off to whatever maximum security facility he was headed for. It was good to see Nick Fury play a small cameo part too. It leads nicely into next season, but something just felt lacking. I guess because the whole 'Fitz will never be the same' thing just seemed like a bit of a cop-out. I'm glad they didn't kill him off, but would it have hurt to let us see him? All in all, solid episode but I didn't enjoy it as much as I have the preceding episodes. Maybe I'm just gutted that's it for Season 1.

• Upvote 1

I vastly prefer Elementary to Sherlock. It might be unfair to directly compare the two because whilst they're both modern-day adaptations of the same source material, there's a lot more Elementary than Sherlock. But regardless, I prefer it. I also prefer Johnny Lee Miller's Sherlock to Benedict Cumberbuns. It could be because I don't really like Benedict Cumberbuns that much though, but Miller's Sherlock just seems more human.

Just watched the Agents of SHIELD season finale. Some parts were really very good. Others, well...just left me asking more questions I suppose. 

The way Garrett was dealt with was brilliant. "Hey guys, I found it! I told you it was back here!" I'm glad Ward doesn't seem to be coming back as he was packed off to whatever maximum security facility he was headed for. It was good to see Nick Fury play a small cameo part too. It leads nicely into next season, but something just felt lacking. I guess because the whole 'Fitz will never be the same' thing just seemed like a bit of a cop-out. I'm glad they didn't kill him off, but would it have hurt to let us see him? All in all, solid episode but I didn't enjoy it as much as I have the preceding episodes. Maybe I'm just gutted that's it for Season 1.

couldnt believe how good it was. i was really hoping for ward to try redeem himself but nope, the fight with him and may was epic anyway. was that the same fury as it is in the actual films? looked a tad different or maybe its just he never had the eye patch. couldnt believe coulson is the new director of SHIELD, but im really annoyed it ended like that with no fitz as we couldve atleast seen him recovering. im also sad thats it for a while

couldnt believe how good it was. i was really hoping for ward to try redeem himself but nope, the fight with him and may was epic anyway. was that the same fury as it is in the actual films? looked a tad different or maybe its just he never had the eye patch. couldnt believe coulson is the new director of SHIELD, but im really annoyed it ended like that with no fitz as we couldve atleast seen him recovering. im also sad thats it for a while

Yes, it's Samuel L Jackson in that episode of SHIELD - same guy, same character, dressed the same as he was at the end of The Winter Soldier where he also removes his eye-patch in exchange for dark glasses.

Actually Mycroft has been one thing I've not liked so much about Elementary.

He annoyed me at first too, but after the reveal last episode I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Assuming of course he's always worked for a British Intelligence unit and not just acting as some sort of undercover informant who actually was tangled up with the mob. He still used Joan as bait though, and I doubt Sherlock or Joan are going to forgive him for that any time soon.

He annoyed me at first too, but after the reveal last episode I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Assuming of course he's always worked for a British Intelligence unit and not just acting as some sort of undercover informant who actually was tangled up with the mob. He still used Joan as bait though, and I doubt Sherlock or Joan are going to forgive him for that any time soon.

I think you might be missing an episode. That was explained last week wasn't it?

I know literally nobody who watches new episodes of The Simpsons.  Who are these people.

I watch the new ones that are on Sky1 on Sundays. There seems to be one or two okay episodes per season, then 20+ episodes of "look who we got to guest star this week" episodes.

There's plenty of great stuff outside of the golden era, but it thins out with every season, and they've been flogging a dead horse for a while.

Sky should repent, by only showing season 1-12.

Elementary finale

So Sherlock is joining MI5. Not sure what I think about that. To be honest I didn't enjoy the last couple of episodes so much. I like the show most when it keeps it simple and sticks to puzzle of the week episodes. longs arcs are't really its strengh

Yeah, not sure about the MI6 move and the removal of the heroin from its hiding place. I don't know about the long-arc thing though, I thought the Irene Adler/Moriarty thing was really well done, but that could be because I have a massive thing for Natalie Dormer and was happy when she had screen-time. The last couple episodes have been somewhat lacking though. Will be curious to see how Season 3 starts!