aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

That was a really good episode up until the last, what, 30 seconds? What in the blue blizzety blazes was that?!?!?! I mean, is Don having an aneurysm? Unless it's some sort of message that has an impact on the next seven episodes. I don't know what, given that they resolved a lot of loose ends here, but still. That sort of threw me for a loop. 

It was one of the best episodes of Mad Men ever so in my opinion saying the show has jumped the shark is completely idiotic.

I don't think the last 30 seconds were that big of a deal. A bit of fun that stands out from the normal tone of the show but it's far from the first time that the show has included something which seemed out of character for the show. In fact I'd say out of character scenes have occurred enough for them to be considered in character. 

It was one of the best episodes of Mad Men ever so in my opinion saying the show has jumped the shark is completely idiotic.

I don't think the last 30 seconds were that big of a deal. A bit of fun that stands out from the normal tone of the show but it's far from the first time that the show has included something which seemed out of character for the show. In fact I'd say out of character scenes have occurred enough for them to be considered in character. 

It entirely threw me off when I first watched it, but since mulling it over I think it sort of makes sense.

I think Peggy and Don's interactions in the last seven episodes will be key, but I'm probably totally wrong.

I don't really have any strong thoughts as to what will happen in the final episodes. It's not really a show I've ever spent much time predicting, I'll just enjoy watching it all unfold whatever happens.

I was very happy to see Roger taking control and gaining power

As always Pete had the moment which made me laugh the most, this time when he blurted out "I've got ten percent!" and Roger explained to Joan how much she would get for her five percent.

Reading that interview, it makes more sense now. I suppose after Nipplegate I should have learned to expect anything. 

The episode was fantastic though. I hope Elizabeth Moss wins an Emmy for Mad Men at some point. I would totally watch a show where Peggy and Joan start their own firm with Dawn and Shirley. Sassy Sally Draper can intern.

Peggy was annoying me for a couple of episodes, mostly the one where she was freaking out about the flowers which were actually for her secretary. Thankfully that passed and she was great again by the end. Her and Don make a great duo and I'll always be happier with both of them when they are getting along with each other.

I don't think it's been a great season for Joan really, getting properly recognised and given her new office was nice but after that her only purpose seemed to be anti-don and while her position is understandable it put on her on the same side as Avery and Cutler which is hard to support.

Sally as always has been great. I've just started watching season one again and I'd forgotten just how young she was back then. I can't think of any other show where the child of a main character has developed into such a great character of their own. She's the anti-Kim Bauer. 

I've really been enjoying Elementary. I had a discussion about it and Sherlock some time ago on here with someone. Jester maybe. I liked it then but it has still grown on me a lot. I rewatched all of season 1 a while ago when i had nothing else to watch.

I think it was me, and i think I did say it would grow on you, we're a bit behind, been too busy enjoying the wonder that is the Blacklist. Though reading here the spoilers about Mycroft are no real surprise as it follows both the books and Sherlock :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else up to date with Fargo?

I've loved this show. It's been constantly great, there's something about the characters and the atmosphere of the show which make even minor conversations entertaining. 

The latest episode was a bit calmer than the previous two but has set the show up very nicely for the final two episodes.

• Upvote 1