aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Anyone else up to date with Fargo?

I've loved this show. It's been constantly great, there's something about the characters and the atmosphere of the show which make even minor conversations entertaining. 

The latest episode was a bit calmer than the previous two but has set the show up very nicely for the final two episodes.

It's fucking brilliant.  The scene where Malvo stormed the building in Fargo, and the camera stayed on the outside was amazingly well done.

The quality has just been sky high through the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 is a bit of a slog I must say. I still fucking love it. I get teary-eyed almost every episode.

The Lions story was a nice left turn (i'm at episode 8 so still waiting to see where it goes) but I feel the rest of the arcs are a little lacking compared  with the Smash, Street, Layla, Tyra glory days. JD is a fucking turd in S3, he needs more air time.

Fargo finished on C4 last night.  Absolutely perfect. It's been a brilliant series. Kind of hope they stick to the one off mini-series rather than bring it back for a second go as I can't see what they could do or where they could go that would be as good again.

Was fucking tense through some of the finale last night,

Amazed at the depths Lester stooped to, sending his wife in to get murdered by Malvo instead of him. Then when I thought he might break and just admit everything to get help from Saulverson he just kept on being a squirmy little shit.  Good ending for him on the thin ice.  

Got really worried for Gus when he went in the cabin. Couldn't see it working out well for him and was all ready for a bittersweet ending with at least one of the "nice" characters being killed off but in the end I liked that it was him that got the moment to finish Malvo after Lester had wounded him.

Weirdest moment for me - at the end of the second last episode when Malvo emerged from the shop after shooting Lester's wife and lit up a cigarette I got a mental image of a wolf howling after making a kill (think it was the way he took the first puff).  Then in the last episode they use a wolf in the road to get Gus' attention before he spot's Malvo's cabin.  

Felt bad for the feds. Incompetent to the end.  Also felt bad for Bill as he finally realised how bad he was as a cop.

Making my way through Hannibal, and finding it really off-putting that it's set in present day but is somehow a sequel.  The use of tablets and that just makes it all seem odd, as you'd surely be able to track stuff more easily nowadays than you would have in the pre-Red Dragon days?

Agreed with everything you said about Fargo, Chris. (well not the wolf stuff, I didn't think about that at all). It definitely should be left at just one season but the show has opened up the possibility of more adaptations of this style. Setting a new story in an environment created for a film. I think some other coen bros' films would be great.

Agreed with everything you said about Fargo, Chris. (well not the wolf stuff, I didn't think about that at all). 

I probably wouldn't have noticed it but because we'd been away we were catching up on the last couple of episode immediately before watching the finale, so it was fresh in my mind.

I've started Prison Break and I'm about halfway through season 1. It's been awesome so far, really tense and exciting but a lot of people have said its gets really shit soon. So I've got that to look forward to.

I've got the last 6 episodes of Fargo on my Sky+ ready to watch in a oner (or more likely a two-er). Will try and polish it off this weekend. It was really good but I was struggling a bit to get in to it watching it week to week.

The first season of prison break is fantastic. The second is ok and the rest is serious horse shit. That first season though... so addictive.

Onto the final season of friday night lights for me. Feels like the end of an era. I'll miss the Taylors and buddy and the whole gang. Great show.

I'll need a new show soon.