aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I watched the series finale of Two & A Half Men last night. Man. That was shit. And weird. Actors breaking character all over the place, breaking the fourth wall, talking to camera, in-jokes a go-go, and lowbrow sex jokes from start to finish. I haven't watched it since Ashton came in. Has it been like that for long or did it just go meta for the last episode?

It was like that pretty much as soon as Ashton came in. I watched the first two seasons with him then bailed as they were just re-hashing the stories but with Ashton rather than Charlie, and they made Alan be a complete and utter twat. 

Been watching the older series on ITV2 and still get a laugh at some of the lines/situations even though I have seen them before.

I was really disappointed that they didn't follow Alan proposing in the second last episode with the wedding and Charlie turning up at the last moment rather than completely destroying the whole show, even the ending to How I Met Your Mother and Roseanne was better than that shite!

Anyone watching/watched Bloodline on Netflix? It's fucking amazing. One of the best shows I've watched in a while actually. Really well fleshed-out characters.

My list is pretty packed, but what's it about?

At the moment my wife fucks off to bed quite early to grab some sleep before the wee one gets hungry so I've been getting through a lot of stuff.  Currently watching Sons of Anarchy (just finishing S1), Daredevil, Battlestar Galactica (just finishing S1), Community, Kimmy Schmidt, Better Call Saul and rewatching Farscape. Plus outside of Netflix there's Agents of Shield improving all the time.

Was watching Gotham but gave up. It feels like pre-HBO TV. If the 90s did a superhero weekly. Doesn't stack up well against modern production values.

I've never watched two and a half men but come on, the ending to HIMYM was the epitome of gash.  

This is way worse.

Yes. I've seen both and this was horrible. It was like Baywatch Nights bad. Actors breaking character, mugging at the cameras. Fourth wall breaking everywhere. One character says "OK, start from the beginning" and another says, "what, you mean the pilot?". Walden says to Jake says to  "I can't believe you've made so much money with jokes this bad" and they all turn to the camera and shrug. At the end the camera pans out and shows that the beach house is just a studio.That sort of bad. 

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

At the moment my wife fucks off to bed quite early to grab some sleep before the wee one gets hungry so I've been getting through a lot of stuff.  Currently watching Sons of Anarchy (just finishing S1), Daredevil, Battlestar Galactica (just finishing S1), Community, Kimmy Schmidt, Better Call Saul and rewatching Farscape. Plus outside of Netflix there's Agents of Shield improving all the time.

Was watching Gotham but gave up. It feels like pre-HBO TV. If the 90s did a superhero weekly. Doesn't stack up well against modern production values.

It's about a family in Florida who run a holiday hotel/resort type thing, with seedy hidden secrets underneath the surface that slowly reveal themselves over the course of the series. It's really fucking good.

Finished Season 10 of Sunny. Best one so far. Very very dark. 

Finished Archer Season 6. A little underwhelming, too much callbacks and not enough progress. Still one of my favourite cartoons though as the jokes were still funny.

Been watching Most Haunted on youtube. Derek Acorah is amazing. Even if* he's making it up, he's puts on one hell of a show.

*he's definitely making it up.

as I'm aware the ending is incredibly underwhelming

It's not underwhelming as such, just jarring.  Over time I've come to hugely admire the ending. People are still talking and speculating about it years after (though for me it's a pretty clear ending if you look at the overall context of the last season).

Basically you just need to get them watched.

How are you finding Sons Of Anarchy? I just finished the series on Netflix (I know there is still one more to be released) and I'm intrigued on someone else's view on it because I'm a sucker for still enjoying tv series even when they go down the toilet.

Started watching Daredevil. It's weird. The dialogue is total cheese. I think you'd hear better written scripts in Hollyoaks.

The fight scenes are pretty underwhelming too, with the standard dynamic of total domination from the off, bad guy gets the upper hand, bit of a struggle, then Daredevil wins. It's a bit WWE in that respect, but with a bit more blood.

Nearly everything about it is bad and kind of annoying. But I can't stop watching it.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Started watching Daredevil. It's weird. The dialogue is total cheese. I think you'd hear better written scripts in Hollyoaks.

The fight scenes are pretty underwhelming too, with the standard dynamic of total domination from the off, bad guy gets the upper hand, bit of a struggle, then Daredevil wins. It's a bit WWE in that respect, but with a bit more blood.

Nearly everything about it is bad and kind of annoying. But I can't stop watching it.

There's a fight in a corridor in ep 2 which is pretty epic. I might watch ep 3 tonight, I'm really enjoying it. Light years ahead of the awful Gotham in terms of quality.

I thought that fight scene was weird. It was the typical one-bad-guy-at-a-time which happens in most superhero stuff. I think on one occasion, he had two people on him, but it was brief.

I like the story, and the direction it is going in. The origin flashbacks were really good too. Just not so much with the talking and the fighting.

I watched the first episode of Daredevil, couldn't figure out if it was a pisstake or not. really cheesy. I don't really watch any marvel/superhero stuff but i'm guessing they're all fairly tongue-in-cheek these days right? I'll give it another go I guess.

Anyone able to join me in my love of Bloodline? I thought it was up there with some of the best TV i've ever seen. It's kinda like a tropical version of six feet under mixed with elements of True Detective. watched the last episode the other night and cannot wait for more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Everybody in True Detective mumbles and I can't make out what they're saying.

Working through season 3 of Orange Is The New Black. So far it's not as good as 2 and has gone a little bit far fetched. Still really really really good though. They're giving a bit of spotlight to more of the peripheral characters as well, which is quite cool.

Edited by Lemonade Sparkle

Everybody in True Detective mumbles and I can't make out what they're saying.

Working through season 3 of Orange Is The New Black. So far it's not as good as 2 and has gone a little bit far fetched. Still really really really good though. They're giving a bit of spotlight to more of the peripheral characters as well, which is quite cool.

I'm kinda glad someone has said that about OITNB - have only heard rave reviews so far and I like to pull my expectations down a little before binging on a new series! The first two were incredible, planning on making a start on it tonight!

xx

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda glad someone has said that about OITNB - have only heard rave reviews so far and I like to pull my expectations down a little before binging on a new series! The first two were incredible, planning on making a start on it tonight!

xx

It's still really good, it's just starting to get a little bit out there in terms of what the inmates are getting away with and what the guards are letting happen. Like I know it's a minimum security prison but they're basically running the place themselves with no supervision, and the guards are just like whatevs. Crazy Eyes has gone too far towards crazy as well. There's nothing but crazy with her now, she's totally disconnected from reality. Kind of ruined the character.