aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

I was showing a friend around washington square yesterday and we walked past michael c hall/Dexter out walking his dog. I did the biggest double take and it was obvious I was gawking. Didnt speak to him obvs. Best celeb spot ive had id say. Made our day.

Was his TV show sister/actual wife with him? I know it's only pretend but it's still creepy as fuck. 

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with Adam, final season especially was painful I found.

I watched all of Mob City last Friday.  Only six episodes and it's TV hour not a real hour so only about 4 hours total.  Based off of the LA Noir book (which is also what the game LA Noire was taken from).

Pretty good if you enjoy a modern attempt at Noir.  Jon Bernthal is the main star (Shane from Walking Dead) and it was created by Frank Darabont (also Walking Dead).

8/10.  Worth a watch if you like the noir style of film.

Agreed with Adam, final season especially was painful I found.

I watched all of Mob City last Friday.  Only six episodes and it's TV hour not a real hour so only about 4 hours total.  Based off of the LA Noir book (which is also what the game LA Noire was taken from).

Pretty good if you enjoy a modern attempt at Noir.  Jon Bernthal is the main star (Shane from Walking Dead) and it was created by Frank Darabont (also Walking Dead).

8/10.  Worth a watch if you like the noir style of film.

I thought stylistically it was great, kind of a mid-point between Sin City and Boardwalk Empire but the acting was appaling and the development of the characters was very haphazard and clunky. They probably should've got a second series out of it but they made a massive error putting it out there while Boardwalk Empire is still running, if they'd've put it on after Boardwalk finishes with its next series it probably would've had a run on effect with people filling the void.

Outwith this I'm really enjoying Shetland. It's pretty bleak and a bit murder by numbers but it's an easy watch.

I thought stylistically it was great, kind of a mid-point between Sin City and Boardwalk Empire but the acting was appaling and the development of the characters was very haphazard and clunky. They probably should've got a second series out of it but they made a massive error putting it out there while Boardwalk Empire is still running, if they'd've put it on after Boardwalk finishes with its next series it probably would've had a run on effect with people filling the void.

Outwith this I'm really enjoying Shetland. It's pretty bleak and a bit murder by numbers but it's an easy watch.

I think you're right.  I enjoyed it mainly because of the style I was disappointed to read it had been canned after one season.  Plenty of promise for a first season, most shows don't hit stride till they get to season 2 and get a bigger budget/some feedback.  I read that there is still hope of someone else picking it up (netflix please).

Mickey was the most notable awful acting for me.

I've been watching Axe Cop.  It's a cartoon about a cop with a fire axe, various special powers and a dinosaur with machine gun arms as a steed.  It's quite the piece of art.

I need this. Tell me everything there is to know about Axe Cop.

Edited by Joda Serk