aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The problem with uncovering Sir Jangle's misdeeds was the public image he had at the time, i.e. huge amounts of charity work. It's why he got his knighthood after all. It's hard to overestimate what a huge public figure he was in that respect. It would have been such a massive scandal then that they had to be rock solid about what information they had. Allegedly whenever he heard that a paper were thinking of running a story on him, he would call them up ( and he knew all the editors personally) and say "Do you really want to stop me working and raising millions for all these charities, stop all that money going to children's hospitals, Stoke Mandeville etc etc" and that was enough to stop it.

"Down at Stoke Mandeville I bumped into Mr IQ

I said “Hey albino, this is not 1972

Stub out your King Edward and get that small boy off your knee

And melt down your fingerware and get yourself off my TV”

Jim could you fix it for me

To come down and suck out your kidneys?

I’ve got this young brother, you see

Who wants to stay alive to watch Bilko"

From 'I Left My Heart in papworth general' by Half Man Half Biscuit

PS - What newspaper are you allowed to read these days? I just want summat cheap and easily read at lunch....

Not really, writing in, but not phoning in.

I think the main thing is people did report it, but it was pushed aside for ratings, it's not just the whole Jimmy Saville thing, other people are saying that it was all through the BBC, and again others are denying it.

There is a good article here about why the tabloids didn't run with it.

And another good article here -

http://www.newstatesman.com/media/broadcast/2012/10/culture-permitted-saviles-abuses-goes-far-beyond-bbc

"Down at Stoke Mandeville I bumped into Mr IQ

I said “Hey albino, this is not 1972

Stub out your King Edward and get that small boy off your knee

And melt down your fingerware and get yourself off my TV”

Jim could you fix it for me

To come down and suck out your kidneys?

I’ve got this young brother, you see

Who wants to stay alive to watch Bilko"

From 'I Left My Heart in papworth general' by Half Man Half Biscuit

PS - What newspaper are you allowed to read these days? I just want summat cheap and easily read at lunch....

i it's only 20p

• Upvote 1

This is apparently not a real transcript (what I heard after first believing it was), but given what is NOW coming out about him, I wonder...

It's not real, but no-one has actually claimed credit for writing it. Story about it here -

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/bbc_faces_serious_questions_over_sir_jimmy_savile_under_age_sex_allegations

Back pain. Dunno what I've done, it just seemed to come on after I got out of my car last night. Taxing stuff sitting on my arse and occasionally changing gear. Almost had to cancel band practice yesterday because of it and doesn't seem to have improved much overnight.