aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I don't get all the haterz of Rugby. Its just another sport? Is it simply because people called Will Carling and Lewis Moody play it? Yes there's a certain culture involved, but are footballers not even bigger cunts? I think people are way, way more surprised that I play rugby and am into playing in bands and upping the punx than they are when I say I like football.

Or is it just the sport itself? Surely its not as shit as cricket. Why can't you gize hate on cricket?

Can't see any one slagging ruby just people slagging football.

I like Rugby (union not league, no-one cares about that except Yorkshiremen and Australia), though I've never played it but then I was never any good at football either so I don't suppose that's important.

The game itself is generally good to watch (apart from constant scrum collapses) and Scotland are pretty good at it so it's not quite so demoralising as following our football team. I haven't got into the club game yet but could see myself getting more interested if they set up a professional side north of the central belt. While I enjoy the tribalism of club football, who doesn't love getting angry and shouting at the ref/opposition fans/their own team/everyone in the stadium during a Dons match, it is a refreshing change to go to a game as big as the Scotland vs Wales match I went to last year and have both sets of fans sitting together. Everyone had a laugh with some good natured piss taking without any aggression involved.

Cool story bro summary: I enjoy both games.

• Upvote 1

Rugby is the tits, both codes. Been to most Scotland home games in the last 6 years and went to three Heineken Cup finals in a row. The atmosphere is always fantastic - much more jovial and less aggressive than footballl, but no less passionate. League is nails too. those boys are ridiculous!

Scotland play Tonga at Todders on 24 Nov. Get on it for a great day out!

• Upvote 2

Scotland play Tonga at Todders on 24 Nov. Get on it for a great day out!

Got tickets and looking forward to it. Hope it's warmer than the last time I went to a Scotland game at Pittodrie (think it was Samoa). Couldn't feel my feet by the end of the match!

Got tickets and looking forward to it. Hope it's warmer than the last time I went to a Scotland game at Pittodrie (think it was Samoa). Couldn't feel my feet by the end of the match!

That day was ridiculously cold.

Rugby for the win. Football is full of diving fairies who act as if they've just been shot when somebody gives them a butterfly kiss. The fans are also 90% tinks. Fact.

• Upvote 1

An ill-informed blanket statement isn't a fact.

In my own head it is!

Serious proposition, do you think that if all football fans were allowed to mingle, i.e. away and home supporters sitting next to each other without segregation, it would make for a better atmosphere and not so much trouble at games? Admittedly there would be a period of chaos but after a while it might settle down?

In my own head it is!

Serious proposition, do you think that if all football fans were allowed to mingle, i.e. away and home supporters sitting next to each other without segregation, it would make for a better atmosphere and not so much trouble at games? Admittedly there would be a period of chaos but after a while it might settle down?

It would spoil the atmosphere a bit. In big games, there's an Us Vs Them tribalism, and that's a good thing for the most part. Fans goading each other through the wall of stewards and such. That's great. Nobody wants rid of that. Local police do great jobs of completely separating fans now all the way out of the ground, so trouble is much more minimal than it used to be.

In my own head it is!

Not when you have casuals attached to all clubs. No segregation would spell even more trouble, at least when they sneak into the home end, they have to behave or be turfed out.

Personally speaking, that takes away from the enjoyment of the game for me. Whatever floats yer boat i guess. I'll stick to the ruggers i think, far more opportunity for friendly banter with the opposition and generally a better atmosphere.

Depends what you define as better I suppose. I personally love the aggressive atmosphere at a football match. I've been to many Wednesday vs United games, and a few Man United vs Liverpool games, and the atmosphere is indescribable. It's intense and a pure thrill aside from the actual game of football itself. They were always home games though. I wouldn't fancy an away derby!

I like the us v them part of being at a football match but I also like the we're all just fans having a good time with a few jokes thrown around between groups from different sides atmosphere that was present when I went to see some international cricket last year. Both are fine by me, I guess.

To sum up:

Football, tennis, hockey.

Golf.

• Upvote 1

Pet hate... banks. What a shower of cunts.

Get a phone call on Wed saying there is a problem with my account and can I come in and see them today.

Get fucking soaked on the way in. Arrive and get told there is no issue with my account in the slightest and try to sell me house insurance.

Fuck you Lloyds TSB, fuck you right in the face.

I had to go home and change my boxers and everything, dicks.

• Upvote 3