aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The little farm cottage I lived in in BOD was like that. I used to sleep in trackie bottoms, socks, a t-shirt, a jumper and a dressing gown, underneath my duvet with all my jackets piled on top of it just to try and stay warm. It was fucking ridiculous. I had a flat on Marischal Street that was just as bad. Top floor, no heaters and no insulation in the loft, and all the windows were single glazed and leaked. One morning I went through to the kitchen and there was a glass of water on the worktop that had frozen.

• Upvote 3

The evolution of our language now being in the hands of young idiots. I was flicking through Grazia and 'Cosmo' recently - you know, just to scorn women - and came across the below two words:

I am totes in love with the new such and such...

So and so only eats apples for breakfast, apaz.!

The 09/10 winter got me pretty bad, i normally don't get sick but i, similarly to lucky, would go to bed with thermal socks, pyjama bottoms, tshirt, sometimes a hoody, a dressing gown, a blanket and then my duvet. I would only turn the heating on if my girlfriend was staying over. I was really ill over that winter and i normally at worst got an easily bearable cold. Last winter i had the flu for a few weeks and i get colds all the time, pretty sure that winter destroyed my immune system. For some reason, my flatmates room was totally fine, absolute cunt never turned his heating on once.

So, you actually had heating, but didn't use it unless a girl was round, voluntarily making yourself ill? Crazy.

I'm probably considered a fairly low earner, but I'd still consider the heating to be an essential outgoing, on an equal par with electricity, food and hot water. Everything else is secondary and beyond, especially if it's making you ill.

Having the heating on for a couple of hours a day in winter doesn't amount to that much. Last winter I was paying about £25 a month, and that included hot water usage.

• Upvote 1

You want to talk hot, try a McDonalds apple pie. Holy mother of fuck they are hot in the middle.

Anything syrup-y turns molten when heated slightly. at the tender age of 11, I once thought it would be a good idea to quickly microwave a jam filled doughnut to make it all hot and soft like a fresh one. A quick 20 seconds later and the jam spewed out into my mouth at a temperature hotter than the surface of the sun. Tears were shed, and I still have a white mark on my tongue where I learned not to fuck about with jam. Jam's not something to be fucked with. It could seriously kill a man if heated long enough.

• Upvote 2

Anything syrup-y turns molten when heated slightly. at the tender age of 11, I once thought it would be a good idea to quickly microwave a jam filled doughnut to make it all hot and soft like a fresh one. A quick 20 seconds later and the jam spewed out into my mouth at a temperature hotter than the surface of the sun. Tears were shed, and I still have a white mark on my tongue where I learned not to fuck about with jam. Jam's not something to be fucked with. It could seriously kill a man if heated long enough.

Yes. This. As a youngster I used to make raspberry jam toasties in the sandwich toaster. That's some burny shit.

Pet Hate: getting out of a really warm bed when the flat is fucking freezing.

Pet Hate cont'd: Shitty storage heaters that stink when you turn them on and put my heating bill through the roof.

xx

Pet Hate: Starbucks Coffee.

If you have the ability to warp the laws of physics on your whim, why the fuck would you use it to make coffee that's 13,000°C?

This fucking cup has been sitting here for nigh on 20 minutes and I can only just start drinking it.

xx

Could you not combine these pet hates, and solve all your problems at once?

• Upvote 1