aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Royal Mail. Who doesn't hate Royal Mail? Why do they exist? Why hasn't someone more efficient come along to rival them? Bunch of pointless cretins.

I had a parcel delivered that needed signing for last week. They didn't even buzz. Just a red slip straight through the shared post box. Why? The buzzer is a few inches from the post box, and you don't have to lug the parcel around anymore once I've signed for it. Oh well, arranged for redelivery, and sat at home again all morning. Checked to see if the postman had been, and he had. Red slip again, no buzz to my flat. What a fucking bollock. Does he expect me to be waiting at the block door for him all morning? Let me know you've arrived, instead of posting red slip after red slip saying "Sorry we missed you". You didn't miss me. I was home! You just didn't knock or buzz, and I'm just supposed to know when you've arrived, with my flawless intuition, prick. Suppose I'll have to go all the way up to Ashgrove for it since the postman can't seem to get the hang of delivering parcels.

A few months ago, I bought a couple of books online, and got a red slip saying they were too big for the letterbox. I went to collect them and realised they were only too big for the letterbox because there was two jiffy bags from two different companies rubber banded together. Separate them and they fit through just fine. Absolutely gobsmacking.

There's a woman that wanders around town (once on union street but I've been stopped by her near the College as well) who gives a realistic sob story about how she's just gotten out of an abusive relationship and is waiting to hear back from a women's shelter about a room/bed and just needs some change to get some food since she had to leave everything at her old flat/house. The first time I hear this I was dubious but gave her some change anyway since for all I know she was telling the truth. It really, REALLY fucked me off on so many levels when I saw her again a few months later spouting the same old story.

I fell for this one too about two years ago. She approached me in the bus station a couple of weeks ago with exactly the same story, fucking bitch.

A guy asked me for change in Dublin last week (one of the most irritating things about Dublin, you can't go a few steps without somebody asking you for money and/or cigarettes), when I replied with my usual "Sorry mate, I don't have any change" he came back with "Stick your change up your arse you fucking snobby cunt". Charming.

Royal Mail. Who doesn't hate Royal Mail? Why do they exist? Why hasn't someone more efficient come along to rival them? Bunch of pointless cretins.

I had a parcel delivered that needed signing for last week. They didn't even buzz. Just a red slip straight through the shared post box. Why? The buzzer is a few inches from the post box, and you don't have to lug the parcel around anymore once I've signed for it. Oh well, arranged for redelivery, and sat at home again all morning. Checked to see if the postman had been, and he had. Red slip again, no buzz to my flat. What a fucking bollock. Does he expect me to be waiting at the block door for him all morning? Let me know you've arrived, instead of posting red slip after red slip saying "Sorry we missed you". You didn't miss me. I was home! You just didn't knock or buzz, and I'm just supposed to know when you've arrived, with my flawless intuition, prick. Suppose I'll have to go all the way up to Ashgrove for it since the postman can't seem to get the hang of delivering parcels.

A few months ago, I bought a couple of books online, and got a red slip saying they were too big for the letterbox. I went to collect them and realised they were only too big for the letterbox because there was two jiffy bags from two different companies rubber banded together. Separate them and they fit through just fine. Absolutely gobsmacking.

Apparently the scandal is that a lot of posties don't even take the parcels out the van or delivery and just post the slips.

My village post office is run by the most grumpy woman ever but the post service is brilliant, all the posties are really helpful. Up until the last couple of weeks all my parcels were delivered to the part dismantled unlocked car on my lawn, signatures provided by the cat who took up residency in it. :up: anyone for a banjo dual? :laughing:

• Upvote 1

My village post office is run by the most grumpy woman ever but the post service is brilliant, all the posties are really helpful. Up until the last couple of weeks all my parcels were delivered to the part dismantled unlocked car on my lawn, signatures provided by the cat who took up residency in it. :up: anyone for a banjo dual? :laughing:

This is the way the world should work.

• Upvote 1

We gave out landing keys to milkmen and such so they wouldn't wake anyone up (our buzzer is loud) and they never got returned. The tattie manny was ace though. He'd turn up with a massive bag of cheap potatoes and then get drunk with my dad and drive off to his next delivery. What a champ.

Please say that was Roy's Spuds.

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pet Hate: getting out of a really warm bed when the flat is fucking freezing.

Pet Hate cont'd: Shitty storage heaters that stink when you turn them on and put my heating bill through the roof.

xx

em no, and what about a halogen heater? There are supposedly some that are really cheap to use, and then you won't have to use stinky storage heaters :)

• Upvote 1