aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My route is normally pretty good, but on Saturday mornings they've started going through Badentoy even though it doesn't say that it's part of the route on the timetable. As far as drivers go I've only ever had one total asshole driver. There are some absolute stars who just wave me on without punching my return ticket and one guy sometimes lets me on for a half.

Coming into work with a slight cold, not complaining about it at all except to mention that I have a slight cold, causing this fucking harridan in my office to yell "Ooooooh man-flu! He's got man-flu!", like she does EVERY FUCKING TIME SOMEONE HAS A COLD, EVERY FUCKING WINTER. God forbid a guy should get a fucking cold for Christ's sake.

• Upvote 1

Coming into work with a slight cold, not complaining about it except to mention that I have a slight cold, causing this fucking harridan in my office to yell "Ooooooh man-flu! He's got man-flu!", like she does EVERY FUCKING TIME SOMEONE HAS A COLD, EVERY FUCKING WINTER. God forbid a guy should get a fucking cold for Christ's sake.

Give her a punt in the flaps.

• Upvote 1

Having to work late. For the past 3 weeks. With no overtime pay. Should get a bonus, but I have no idea if that's definite or how much.

On top of that, working weekends. Working late on the weekends.

And now, some cunt has just started drilling cos they're installing a shower room next door. There was a bit of noise all day, but then at half 5 BOOM, heaps more drilling begins. Probably waited so that eh wouldn't disturb folk. Except us. Who are working 13 hour + shifts.

Fuck sake.

Stagecoach are fuckers, I had to catch my bus near Strathdon in the morning and depending on the drivers mood, he was sometimes in Lumsden by the time he was meant to be at my stop. Usually to chat to his dad or have a cigarette. Catching the bus home was a nightmare because it was nearly always 30 minutes late (it doesn't take that long to get from the bus station to fucking Robert Gordons!!), and it occasionally took a different route missing out my stop completely.

The biggest joke is, you can't call to see if a bus is running late etc... after 5pm.

I don't get how a company thinks it is acceptable to cut bus routes and times drastically, yet put up their fares.

Guest Bob Knob

I've never used Stagecoach but First Bus in this city is shit. Consistently shit. I don't mind buses being occasionally late because shit happens, but the attitude of most drivers is appauling. Even the cunts who sit in the First shop on Union Street look at you as though you've just finger banged their cat.

• Upvote 1

I've never used Stagecoach but First Bus in this city is shit. Consistently shit. I don't mind buses being occasionally late because shit happens, but the attitude of most drivers is appauling. Even the cunts who sit in the First shop on Union Street look at you as though you've just finger banged their cat.

First Bus are nowhere near as bad as Stagecoach, I regularly use both. Stagecoach drivers will happily drive past you at a bus stop, just because you didn't wave at them. I didn't realise I had to bring extra attention to the fact that I may want to catch a bus, I thought being at FUCKING BUS STOP might be hint enough.

At least if First buses are running a bit late, there are always more, with Stagecoach you are fucked. The amount of times I had to call my parents and have to dish out £20 for petrol just to get home, basically half of my wage for the day. The relief of living in town again is amazing.

• Upvote 1

I got a bus last week for the first time in around a year. I had one of those two-trip tickets. I showed it to the driver, and he nodded his head, then, instead of calling me back politely, or saying "excuse me" he just banged on the glass and yelled "OI!".

What an oik. I hate buses and the prissy little bumshites that drive them. I'm glad I live on King Street and work in town so I don't have to bother with those scumbag wagons.

I mooned a bus driver the other week cause he didn't let me on the bus, it was out side E&M's. Basically he had closed the doors and was semi-merged with the next lane no more than 4 foot from the kerb, stuck behind cars at the red light, he clearly wasn't going anywhere in a split second

I'm guessing a possible strike by First drivers over losing one overtime shift a year may not get a huge amount of public support then...

Their strikes are never met with much public support. Especially that year when they were striking every weekend in December. Or kicking passengers off the bus claiming it was the "last stop" and driving off, despite heaps of folk paying a full fare to get somewhere. I am behind striking at the best of times, but they're not going to get the public on their side if they are going to act the cunt to their own customers.

Extortionate prices, always late, usually extremely unpleasant drivers. Pricks, the lot of them. Strike action over one overtime shift? Get a grip. Typical yearly strike which, coincidentally I'm sure, is always around Xmas time. I refuse to use their shitty buses, even to the point where I walked a three hour round trip to uni every day to avoid it.

I FUCKING HATE BUSES!!!

I used to live in Garthdee and those First bus wankers were always late and were always striking. Stagecoach are pants as well. 3 hours it takes the 305 to go from Banff to Aberdeen! Takes me 45 minutes in the car and a return is more expensive than fuel! Plus their buses smell weird. Canna wait till they invent travel tube things like at the start of futurama.