aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Cool Thinker

Not all people in Aberdeen are Aberdonian. :)

I know Aberdonian's who use the expression. It is ruining our culture. It ruined me when they had a Peterhead actor playing a Glaswegian in a movie.

People who refer to children as Waynes (the Glasgow Expression). This is Aberdeen they are called Bairns or Children.

Bairns is originally a lowland scottish/northern english word for kids.

If you're being traditional, in Aberdeen children would be called Geets, Loons or Quines, depending on how old they are I think.

Edited by colb

Guest Cool Thinker

Why? It's what actors do.

It'd be like me saying I'm mad because they used a Scot to play a Yorkshireman (Robert Carlyle) in The Fully Monty. I wouldn't though, because I'm not mental.

They got a Glaswegian to play an Aberdonian (Tony Gordon) in Coronation Street and he made no effort at a Doric accent.

People who refer to children as Waynes (the Glasgow Expression). This is Aberdeen they are called Bairns or Children.

fuck you.

Most of my family is from Glasgow and when I was very little I was absolutely fine with them calling me whatever they liked.

I'm so aggressive over nothing, haha

Guest Cool Thinker

fuck you.

Most of my family is from Glasgow and when I was very little I was absolutely fine with them calling me whatever they liked.

I'm so aggressive over nothing, haha

It's like moving to Tokyo and saying "Hey Y'all" in a strong Texas accent. You need to adapt.