aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

In case you aren't trolling, that's the Black Flag logo, with the words Black and Flag replaced with Justin and Bieber. Many TOTAL HARDCORE PUNXS WHO DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT NUTTIN' are rather outraged by the Black Flag logo being shat on quite so poignantly. Total world class trolling from whoever came up with that idea.

xx

Bieber are PUNX

It's quite a marketing strategy for whoever decided to rip it, but Greg Ginn will be sobbing into his thrift store pillowcase for being TOO PUNX to trademark the Black Flag bars.

He thought he had: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/10/black-flags-greg-ginn-loses-lawsuit-against-flag-henry-rollins/

Sad that there's one Flag reunion, far less 2.

Not even a little bit PUNX.

Edited by colb

He thought he had: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/10/black-flags-greg-ginn-loses-lawsuit-against-flag-henry-rollins/

Sad that there's one Flag reunion, far less 2.

Not even a little bit PUNX.

So Ginn can't sue former members of Black Flag for using the graphic, but he could sue others for using it? Given the amount of knock off Black Flag merch, and now a bunch of plagiarised stuff, he's probably not bothered.

That era in general has become a bit of a joke. Two Black Flags now exist. Technically three, if you include "The Misfits", which is Jerry Only plus Cadena and Robo, formerly of Black Flag, who play Misfits, Black Flag and Ramones songs. Just let it die, fellas.

That era in general has become a bit of a joke. Two Black Flags now exist. Technically three, if you include "The Misfits", which is Jerry Only plus Cadena and Robo, formerly of Black Flag, who play Misfits, Black Flag and Ramones songs. Just let it die, fellas.

I think it always has been a convenient band for people to big up because so much has been written about them. I don't mind Black Flag but I don't hear anything a cut above Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, DOA etc. on record anyway - I believe all the stories about them being mighty live, but hardly anyone ever saw them.

Handy for Hipsters to get instant cred with though.

Edited by colb

Probably Husker Du for me.

Former members of Black Flag do a really good job of mythologising their time in the band. Even when they're slating Greg Ginn they make sure that the PUNX cred stays up.

Early Bad Brains is amazing, the Reggae and Metalz stuff is very very bad - except Soulcraft.

• Upvote 1

Probably Husker Du for me.

Former members of Black Flag do a really good job of mythologising their time in the band. Even when they're slating Greg Ginn they make sure that the PUNX cred stays up.

Early Bad Brains is amazing, the Reggae and Metalz stuff is very very bad - except Soulcraft.

Husker Du for certain, though I prefer them when they went full on Pop. Flip your Wig is boss. So much pop.

I still like the dub and metal stuff Bad Brains did. Everything up to and including Rise is mega.

Channel X on GTA is brilliant. Circle Jerks, OFF!, Black Flag etc.

Keith Morris sounds like a total bell-end throughout, too. Which is great.

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 2

disingenuous politeness.

Example: guy in front of me at a newsagents gets a coffee and a packet of gum. Pays for products, receives change and says 'Perfect. Thanks so much, really appreciate it. You take care now, thanks again, bye'.

Written down it sounds quite nice but trust me, this guy couldn't have been less sincere if he'd just texted 'THX'.

Grab your shit, say thanks and be on your way. No need for the vapid and unnecessary politesse. You poured your own coffee and the person serving you didn't even speak or in any way acknowledge your existence. The whole transaction was soulless.

disingenuous politeness.

Example: guy in front of me at a newsagents gets a coffee and a packet of gum. Pays for products, receives change and says 'Perfect. Thanks so much, really appreciate it. You take care now, thanks again, bye'.

Written down it sounds quite nice but trust me, this guy couldn't have been less sincere if he'd just texted 'THX'.

Grab your shit, say thanks and be on your way. No need for the vapid and unnecessary politesse. You poured your own coffee and the person serving you didn't even speak or in any way acknowledge your existence. The whole transaction was soulless.

I sometimes worry that I'm doing that but I don't think I'd ever say as much as that in one sentence. I reckon I say 'thanks' about four or five times per shop assistant exchange. I've also noticed an increase in my use of the word 'perfect' when talking to strangers and I hate it. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?!

Guest Bob Knob

Same rule applies if the bus driver says hello etc - If I've been presented with a miserable cunt, I'll make a point of walking off the bus in silence.

Thug life.

Ive been known to say every ppossible expression of gratitude in one go. Its a scottish thing I think.

Thanks cheers ta thank you

I've observed this too, and on a similar note, a small pet hate of mine is the double-ask:

"Hey man, how's it going?"

"Not bad thanks, yourself?"

"Yeah, good man; you?"

YOU ALREADY ASKED THE FUCKING QUESTION, YOU FUCKING DICK SOCK.

THEY SAID THEY WERE NOT BAD.

THEY EVEN THANKED YOU FOR ASKING.

Small talk is bullshit.

Edited by Eupraxia
  • Upvote 5

So Ginn can't sue former members of Black Flag for using the graphic, but he could sue others for using it? Given the amount of knock off Black Flag merch, and now a bunch of plagiarised stuff, he's probably not bothered.

I still don't get why Rollins is being dragged into it, he seems to be uninvolved in any Black Flag revival shite, is Ginn just playing safe or summat?

I've been listening to a lot of Black Flag lately, first time in a while. Always thought they were a touch overrated TBH (although still decent) and generally preferred Dead Kennedys from that US punk era. Its interesting to listen to BF albums in sequence though, quite a spread of styles in there.

I still don't get why Rollins is being dragged into it, he seems to be uninvolved in any Black Flag revival shite, is Ginn just playing safe or summat?

I've been listening to a lot of Black Flag lately, first time in a while. Always thought they were a touch overrated TBH (although still decent) and generally preferred Dead Kennedys from that US punk era. Its interesting to listen to BF albums in sequence though, quite a spread of styles in there.

I think it's to do with him never actually leaving Black Flag, there's mention of that in the link I posted on the last page.

Either that or Greg Ginn just likes to throw a fuck you Hank into every lawsuit...........

I think it's to do with him never actually leaving Black Flag, there's mention of that in the link I posted on the last page.

Either that or Greg Ginn just likes to throw a fuck you Hank into every lawsuit...........

Yeah I saw that, just seems a bit weird to drag someone into a lawsuit that has shown no signs of doing anything wrong? Who would fuck with Rollins unnecessarily? Unpunk.

Small talk is the worst.

a) I'm terrible at it because I genuinely don't care about a lot of the shit that most would ask during an exchange.

b) I would much rather just sit or stand in silence. Silence doesn't have to be awkward, in fact it's not awkward if both people silently acknowledge that silence is the best thing at that moment in time. A smile or a 'hi' works for me.

• Upvote 1

Backed. Small talk is the worst. I can't be doing with silence-fillers, who just always have to say something. I am told I am the quiet one of the office. Which is true, because I don't really want to discuss the current changes in weather, or that you "can't function without a morning cuppa" or that Wednesday is a step closer to the weekend.

The curse of sitting between a silence-filler and a window means that every single change of the outside world is vocalised. "Looks like the rain's back on", "Getting dark now", "That sun just can't make up its mind, eh?". What do you even say to that? "Yes, you're right. Weather is happening".

Oxygen thieves.

Edited by Joda Serk