aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Cool Thinker

Those people who live in Central London and are loaded but never go to the theatre. The Lion King, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, Wicked etc. why?

Same applies for NYC.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I hate websites that divide articles up into "slideshows". American sports websites are terrible for this, like Bleacher Report. They might have an article along the lines of "15 players who are shite", and instead of just putting the whole article on one page, you have to view one of the 15 players in the article one page at a time. You'll probably get 4 or 5 pop ups along the way.

Bleacher report is terribly designed. Their app is basically a shit version of their mobile site with the added bonus of not being able to read the top half of all articles. For some reason the videos on their site don't stop when you load the next page. Try it now... play a video, then click to the next 'slide'.

The worst is when the image in the slideshow is massive and you have to scroll down, read the text then scroll back up to view the image and only then understand the context. A lot of sites do this. Fucking annoying. Here's an example: http://firstwefeast.com/eat/ridiculously-expensive-steaks/

Not so fast there JB.

First thread I read this morning, never noticed the others. Still, just in jest, Sorry CT!

Pet Hate - people being racist. Walking down King St yesterday. Overheard someone say "see that 24 hour shop there" (referring to the one just down the road from East Neuk).

"Red sign white writing. That's like, the polish flag. Fucking Polish shop"

The girl he replied with went "I won't be shopping there then!"

And he said "Aye. Fucking scum. We should firebomb the place."

I think maybe, 2 out of the many employees that work there are eastern european. Might not even be polish. Also, there's another shop down the road that has red sign white writing. Which is an african/asian food shop.

It's just. Utter nonsense. And that's a serious threat.

First thread I read this morning, never noticed the others. Still, just in jest, Sorry CT!

Pet Hate - people being racist. Walking down King St yesterday. Overheard someone say "see that 24 hour shop there" (referring to the one just down the road from East Neuk).

"Red sign white writing. That's like, the polish flag. Fucking Polish shop"

The girl he replied with went "I won't be shopping there then!"

And he said "Aye. Fucking scum. We should firebomb the place."

I think maybe, 2 out of the many employees that work there are eastern european. Might not even be polish. Also, there's another shop down the road that has red sign white writing. Which is an african/asian food shop.

It's just. Utter nonsense. And that's a serious threat.

Not racist. The Poles aren't a race.

How I understand it is using the name of the band to sell tickets but avoiding the hassle of actually playing live. Aberdeen seems to get a lot of these shows. Go see a local DJ who's actually good instead.

Haha i fully agree, its just this came up a while ago about a Pendulum DJ set, and a few people on here were disappointed it was only a DJ set, but the gig poster didnt say as much, Giles and the other boy just said if you didnt understand they wouldnt play a full set then you had no idea about electronic music or something like that.

Its just a way of the band making more money from their name, as you say. 

FWIW the guys in Hot Chip are actually good DJs in their own right, the DJ set I went along to years ago at Rockness was probably one of the best I've been to. It's not a case of them turning up and pressing play on their own tracks, it's the same as any guest DJ at a club night, they're just not doing it under a different alias like say 2 Many DJs.

FWIW the guys in Hot Chip are actually good DJs in their own right, the DJ set I went along to years ago at Rockness was probably one of the best I've been to. It's not a case of them turning up and pressing play on their own tracks, it's the same as any guest DJ at a club night, they're just not doing it under a different alias like say 2 Many DJs.

Whether they're good or not is beside the point - replace Hot Chip with any band. It's the using of the name to sell tickets under a false premise. You and I know the difference between a set and a DJ set but a lot of people just see the name and buy tickets. It's lazy on the part of both promoter and band.