aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

No i'm saying that you have decided to invent a whole conspiracy theory reasoning for someone putting that in order to somehow spite people when in fact they are more likely just stating a fact of life in the convenient bitty on FB. Some folk seem to get very wound up about FB, maybe try trimming friends list or just not using it if it is that devastating an ordeal....

It's not a conspiracy theory to say that someone saying a cunty thing is a cunt.

xx

Guest Cool Thinker

I did not get the job at McDonalds Garthdee because apparently I live too far away (Seaton) and the McDonald's in Bucksburn rejected me without even giving me an interview.

I did not get to do the On Job Evaluation at the interview because lots of staff were off sick so I was at a disadvantage because every other applicant got to do the On Job Evaluation. It was decided before I got to the interview that I would not be accepted.

I got rejected by McDonald's and they hire people who have been in prison.

Edited by Cool Thinker

I did not get the job at McDonalds Garthdee because apparently I live too far away (Seaton) and the McDonald's in Bucksburn rejected me without even giving me an interview.

I did not get to do the On Job Evaluation at the interview because lots of staff were off sick so I was at a disadvantage because every other applicant got to do the On Job Evaluation. It was decided before I got to the interview that I would not be accepted.

I got rejected by McDonald's and they hire people who have been in prison.

I got rejected first time I applied for McD's. went back a few months later and got the job.

Don't give up on the job front, I'm sure there's plenty of work, maybe try some restaurants or hotels and see if they have anything going. Macbeans recently lost a Saturday worker, but they may have already filled the vacancy, but never hurts to check.

Guest Cool Thinker

I got rejected first time I applied for McD's. went back a few months later and got the job.

Don't give up on the job front, I'm sure there's plenty of work, maybe try some restaurants or hotels and see if they have anything going. Macbeans recently lost a Saturday worker, but they may have already filled the vacancy, but never hurts to check.

It was the first question that got me "You live in Seaton...Bucksburn, Bridge of Don and Union Street are closer so why did you apply to work here" I could not think of an answer.

I will never give up but at least now I know the questions they ask at McDonald's. On my way home I could think of better answers.

Edited by Cool Thinker

anyone else having trouble with call companies trying to sell you insurance?

guy "hello is this joshua?"

me "no this is joss"

guy " im phil from ...... insurance im calling you to remind you to renew your insurance on your motorbike"

me " oh yes my my motorbike. remind me 'phil' how old do you need to be to ride a motorbike"

guy" 18 why?"

me " now phil, im 15 your phoning a kid about motorbike insurance, please go away"

clearly a scam

Edited by YoungA

I chat away to them. Sometimes they're so surprised when you ask how they're doing. If they sound nice I'll let them down gently, just their job. If they sound knobbish I'll drag it out.

The best one I witnessed was when they phoned a library. When she hung up the guy phoned back angrily asking how on earth she dared hang up on him. lolz.

anyone else having trouble with call companies trying to sell you insurance?

guy "hello is this joshua?"

me "no this is joss"

guy " im phil from ...... insurance im calling you to remind you to renew your insurance on your motorbike"

me " oh yes my my motorbike. remind me 'phil' how old do you need to be to ride a motorbike"

guy" 18 why?"

me " now phil, im 15 your phoning a kid about motorbike insurance, please go away"

clearly a scam

I dunno, man. You should have heard the guy out. Besides, you can ride a low powered bike with a provisional from 16. He's giving you a heads up that next year, you're a potential biker. Sounds like a great guy.

I got one of those scam calls once where they tell you your computer has a virus and they ask to remote connect so they can fix it. (If you're not familiar with it, you give them access and they break your computer and charge you 100 quid to "fix" it, and also help themselves to your credit card details). It catches a lot of people out, especially old people. Anyway, I told the guy I hope he gets cancer, then immediately felt like the worlds biggest asshole. I didn't mean to say cancer. I just got really angry and said the wrong word.

A few years ago in my old flat, I used to get a lot of energy switching sales calls.  Upon them asking what energy I currently used, I used steam and dogs on treadmills.

The woman was very puzzled as to what steam power was, even after I explained it.  The guy I told about dogs on treadmills took a while, but he finally got it.  They were a cheap form of energy in that I only had to pay when one of the dogs dropped dead of exertion.