aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Cool Thinker

On Coronation Street when they had that villain from Aberdeen you know him Tony Gordon he blows himself up at the end and gets a gun. Well I thought it was annoying that they got a Glaswegian to play a guy from Aberdeen.

Guest Cool Thinker

I am trying to find work to go around my college days and am struggling everywhere requires either me to be 18+ or have experience. References from 2 places and school does not count as one. I am struggling but really want to work. Everyone else on my course has work and when I say that I don't have a job they assume I am on the dole or something like that. No-one has even seem my CV yet they say I am not good enough.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Yeah, supermarkets don't give a shit how good you are. Anyone with arms can put stuff on a shelf. When I worked there at college, there were people who turned up to the interview in tracksuits, and when asked "Why do you want to work for Morrisons" they answered with "Cos I need the money" and still got the job.

Certain places are right to think you're not good enough though. Teenagers aren't good at anything.

Guest Cool Thinker

Try supermarkets or burger king/McDonald's

Yeah, supermarkets don't give a shit how good you are. Anyone with arms can put stuff on a shelf. When I worked there at college, there were people who turned up to the interview in tracksuits, and when asked "Why do you want to work for Morrisons" they answered with "Cos I need the money" and still got the job.

Certain places are right to think you're not good enough though. Teenagers aren't good at anything.

Alot of them don't hire due to you not being able to serve Alcohol. I will be able to do this in March 2014 so if I could get a Christmas job somewhere. The college course I am on provides office work experience towards the end of the course I know someone who did it and stayed with the job and did not pursue college further but that is not my plan.

Guest Cool Thinker

I dunno if things have changed, but I worked in a supermarket at 16. Not every person they hire is to be on checkouts.

Yeah but Sainsbury's make most of them 18+ just in case. Yeah just in case seems to be a big thing and is probably the reason why I was rejected by Tesco, ASDA (Cannot apply again for 6 months) and Morrisons (It is now policy that everyone they hire has to be 18+).

They stop Child Credit and all that at 16 when most places don't consider you an adult until 18. It is really annoying. I like to pay my mum board.

Alot of them don't hire due to you not being able to serve Alcohol. I will be able to do this in March 2014 so if I could get a Christmas job somewhere. The college course I am on provides office work experience towards the end of the course I know someone who did it and stayed with the job and did not pursue college further but that is not my plan.

Codonas are looking for part time staff for smugglers cove - http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Codonas/jobs/Ft-PT-Staff-Required-Smuggler-Cove-d5fde80fca4c5527

Also as I previously said Burger King and McDonalds are always hiring staff. 

Pet Hate!

I was going to tell a friend of mine to quit his whining as on both Facebook and Twitter, he moaned about missing Shellac on tour as we'll be at ATP. Then I saw that Dads are playing one night only with Joan Of Arc in Glasgow, but it's on ATP weekend too and now all I want to do is whine and moan about it on social networking sites.

So I will.

Pet Hate!

I was going to tell a friend of mine to quit his whining as on both Facebook and Twitter, he moaned about missing Shellac on tour as we'll be at ATP. Then I saw that Dads are playing one night only with Joan Of Arc in Glasgow, but it's on ATP weekend too and now all I want to do is whine and moan about it on social networking sites.

So I will.

I want to go see Dads. When is that?

I am trying to find work to go around my college days and am struggling everywhere requires either me to be 18+ or have experience. References from 2 places and school does not count as one. I am struggling but really want to work. Everyone else on my course has work and when I say that I don't have a job they assume I am on the dole or something like that. No-one has even seem my CV yet they say I am not good enough.

Definitely go and apply at McDonald's, I worked there for about three years while I was a student and only (mainly) have positive things to say about the experience, despite it's reputation. Also always ranks highly on 'top places to work' polls/awards.

Guest Cool Thinker

Definitely go and apply at McDonald's, I worked there for about three years while I was a student and only (mainly) have positive things to say about the experience, despite it's reputation. Also always ranks highly on 'top places to work' polls/awards.

I have applied for 2 jobs there but they have warned me that I might not be good enough to work for them.

I know someone who has worked in the one in town for at least 10 years mopping up French Fries.

Edited by Cool Thinker