aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Freeloaders, man. What's up with freeloaders?

A girl at work has been off "sick" for 6 weeks now. Six. She's pretty much just had the summer off, with full pay. she's only been here since December, and also took off all of January and February with that Norovirus. You know that illness most people had for about 3 or 4 days? 8 weeks, this one. Sake.

She's not the brightest however, because her Facebook isn't private. According to that, she goes out on the lash 2 or 3 nights a week - with photographic evidence, goes shopping, gets her nails done, goes out for a slap up meal with her bezzies, goes to the gym, she's 'checking in' to alot of these places. But because she phones up and leaves a voicemail with a croaky voice, and she posts in doctors notes with the word "sickness" on it, she's covered.

What does it take for someone to get sacked for being a lying freeloader?! Me and my colleague have been total snitches, taking screen prints of her Facebook shenanigans and emailing it to the boss. Her online activity is indisputable. She's just taking a paid holiday. Not sure how the boss can dispute it if an actual GP is signing her off, even though getting a doctors line is a piece of piss.

I can't wait for her to come back. I'm going to be a total bastard to her. I'll go all Columbo, and play dumb, but then start with the "aaaand just one more thing" and start reeling off the stuff on her Facebook.

• Upvote 6

I have no idea how many sick days you get here. She's been here for 9 months, and more than half of that has been sick days. GP's are the problem. Anyone can go to a GP and say they are ill, and your GP is signing you off before you finished your sentence.

What I don't get is that when anyone starts a new job, they go through a probationary period of 3-6 months. She spent over half of her first 6 months off sick, but they passed her anyway. One of the benefits of passing the probationary period is getting sick pay, so now she gets paid to be sick ALL THE TIME. Why wasn't it extended? Why didn't they say at the end of the 6 months that "you're a ropey little skiver" and boot her out the door?

Broken Britain. People are desperate for jobs, but they're all occupied by freeloading chancers. Down with this sort of thing.

How is she getting away with that? Doesnt she have an alloted number of sick days? I know if I tried anything like that my employers would last maybe a week before telling me to just not bother coming in again.

But you work in scary America where being off work for any reason whatsoever is a sin worthy of hell.

I want to work for the council. If I'm ill it's no pay. How can you wrangle full pay? Surely you'd just get statutory sick pay. Mental.

It's quite normal to get full pay for a period of time, isn't it? 

I do know, kind of. I won't divulge personal info, but it was me who opened her letter recently which had 4 weeks of doctors lines. What she's saying on the phone and what her doctors lines say don't correlate, which just adds to the steaming pile of shite. Most people in our department are just laughing her skive off. I'm getting pissy about it though, because she's getting paid the same as me to pretty much have the whole summer off. I'm also having to cover for everything she'd be doing if she was here.

I don't understand why the boss/HR aren't hell bent on sacking her, after pretty indisputable evidence that she is not unable to come to work. Her Facebook says that she's at a wedding today. Got her hair and fake tan done last night, so she's all set...

tumblr_mngx21FyhC1qa8jwfo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

Why is Randy Orton doing powerbombs? Randy Orton does not do power bombs. Irish whip into ropes, duck the clothesline, scoop slam, concussion DDT, RKO, that's the finish to every Randy Orton match. Powerbombs? Next you'll be showing me a gif of Hulk Hogan doing a hurricarana.

I think that this could be the most bent post in Aberdeen-Music history.

Microsoft. The fuck? I logged in to my Hotmail account, and I have to set up alternative email addresses and telephone numbers to link to it, for security, or some shit. And then they send a code to that email address or phone number, so they know I'm not hacking into my hotmail account which is just filled with scam emails from Nigeria and advice on how to get a bigger knob. Hack away.

So, I changed the ancient back up email address to my phone number, to get this code thingy. Now I get a message saying that it will be completed in 30 DAYS! Until then, I can't do anything with my Hotmail, Xbox Live and whatever else may be connected to my Hotmail ID. All I wanted to do was get Xbox Live Gold back. I'll be ready to play online again in FUCKING OCTOBER.

If Bill Gates were here, I'd be standing on his fucking neck, the shit cunt.

• Upvote 3

Microsoft. The fuck? I logged in to my Hotmail account, and I have to set up alternative email addresses and telephone numbers to link to it, for security, or some shit. And then they send a code to that email address or phone number, so they know I'm not hacking into my hotmail account which is just filled with scam emails from Nigeria and advice on how to get a bigger knob. Hack away.

So, I changed the ancient back up email address to my phone number, to get this code thingy. Now I get a message saying that it will be completed in 30 DAYS! Until then, I can't do anything with my Hotmail, Xbox Live and whatever else may be connected to my Hotmail ID. All I wanted to do was get Xbox Live Gold back. I'll be ready to play online again in FUCKING OCTOBER.

If Bill Gates were here, I'd be standing on his fucking neck, the shit cunt.

same happened with me. it asked me for the security code i typed it it in then said it was wrong done it a few times. now im waiting 30 days aswell. now i cant be bothered. the spamming cunts can have the account