aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I say more open letters. I love a bit of dirty laundry. Imagine if everything was kept a secret, inside envelopes, marked strictly for the attention of the recipient, and there was no public gripes, ever?

All communication should be in open letters.

If you send a text message to someone, you send it to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Christmas music.

My office-mate had them pumping out this morning, 'cause apparently it's acceptable to play Mariah Carey, Band Aid, and that bloody useless carrot-nosed shithead Snowman "walking through the air" bollocks from November 1st onwards.

I was proper fizzin', so I took the fuse out of the CD player's plug when she went for lunch.

Ha ha ha ha ha. I win.

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 5

Christmas music.

My office-mate had them pumping out this morning, 'cause apparently it's acceptable to play Mariah Carey, Band Aid, and that bloody useless carrot-nosed shithead Snowman "walking through the air" bollocks from November 1st onwards.

I was proper fizzin', so I took the fuse out of the CD player's plug when she went for lunch.

Ha ha ha ha ha. I win.

Only acceptable from end of the working day on Dec 24th really.

In Poland christmas doesn't kick in until december. It starts way earlier back home. Halloween and thanksgiving are big enough to-dos so once they're out the way the christmas stuff starts.

Halloween is nuts here though. Everyone dresses up and you can't move for bloody pumpkins. A cop car pulled up next to me at a traffic light and the two officers inside had those fake noses/glasses things on. I was too slow to take a pic :(

Christmas is shit throughout. It destroys lives and it should be abolished.

Well, it probably doesn't destroy lives. It destroys bank accounts for a few months though. And credit cards. And public transport goes to the fucking dogs for the fortnight surrounding Christmas day. And there's loads of godawful junk on telly. The same stuff as last year. And Christmas is shit.

I cant wait for it to be January. January is so fucking ace, because Christmas couldn't be any further away.

In Poland christmas doesn't kick in until december. It starts way earlier back home. Halloween and thanksgiving are big enough to-dos so once they're out the way the christmas stuff starts.

Halloween is nuts here though. Everyone dresses up and you can't move for bloody pumpkins. A cop car pulled up next to me at a traffic light and the two officers inside had those fake noses/glasses things on. I was too slow to take a pic :(

they celebrate thanksgiving in Poland?

Finding out The Pixies are playing in Dublin in two weeks and it's sold out. I wish I was dead.

You'll easily get one nearer the time, people are always selling tickets in a panic at the last minute. Also I sold a spare ticket I had for a gig recently through Twitter, so maybe put a plea out on there.

Keep an eye on the comments here and here.

Pixies are in Glasgow the weekend of ATP. Kind of hoping they're the final band to be confirmed so I don't miss them.

• Upvote 1

Got a less pathetic pet hate than my earlier one - career bullshitters.  People who think that lying their face of is the same as talking themselves up. 

A former colleague sent me a LinkedIn invite over the weekend, his CV is total bullshit.  Apparently he managed our team when he worked here but he was just a general team-member, and as a contractor would never be in a position of responsibility within the team.  

Sadly there's no comeback for this - the guy talks himself into decent jobs, works for a year then gets found out and punted but still bullshits his way into a better job at the end of it.  He's a total lad - lifts weights, drives a sports car, cheats on his girlfriend. Cunt. Imagine if I bothered asking him about it he'd just say it's what everyone does.  It's fucking not!

It is pretty annoying when people can talk their way in to a job or, similarly, when people doing the same amount /less work than you get all the praise because they find it necessary to tell everyone that they've done everything they were asked to and it was well easy - rather than just getting on with their fucking job.

Basically, all my hard work goes unnoticed and I need new strings for my tiny violin.

Jobs are stupid. My life would rule so hard if I didn't have one, but still had, like, loads of money.

I quite liked my job until I was gifted these two assistants, who are just terrible. One is always off sick (14 consecutive weeks now), and the other just turns up and does nothing. I don't know how I am the only person who sees it, as she just sits at her desk, with her head down, playing on her phone - all day. I only have the authority to delegate work. I don't have the authority to tell her to shape up or fuck off. I've raised it with my boss more than once, but he doesn't seem bothered that she's getting paid just to turn up and either play Angry Birds, or book holidays. I just can't be doing with freeloaders. Both of them just have no work ethic or any initiative to do what they should be doing. If these were the best two they interviewed, then I can't imagine the oxygen-thieves they turned down.

• Upvote 1