aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

There has never been an agreed set of rules on possessive apostrophes.

'Survival of the fittest' was used by Darwin as a metaphor for "better designed for an immediate, local environment", it's been commonly used out of context since Darwin used the term. 

I watch far too much QI...

I'm guilty of grammatical errors on this website as much as the next person but I don't really care.

As long as a post can be deciphered easily enough I'm happy.

Checking every post I make for spelling and grammar?

584455125_20322722_answer_1_xlarge.png

• Upvote 1

There has never been an agreed set of rules on possessive apostrophes.

I watch far too much QI...

I'm guilty of grammatical errors on this website as much as the next person but I don't really care.

As long as a post can be deciphered easily enough I'm happy.

The discussion was about plurals, not possessives.

These days any QI is too much.

I wish YoungA had the same standards.

• Upvote 1

DIY.

I fucking hate DIY. Even the simplest tasks elude me. I'm currently taking a break from fucking up fitting a curtain rail. I'm stressed out and covered in dust from drilling holes everywhere apart from the precise place they needed to be. Plus I keep smashing me foot off the bottom of the step ladder. 

DIY.

I fucking hate DIY. Even the simplest tasks elude me. I'm currently taking a break from fucking up fitting a curtain rail. I'm stressed out and covered in dust from drilling holes everywhere apart from the precise place they needed to be. Plus I keep smashing me foot off the bottom of the step ladder. 

I'm the same. I just break things. I broke our bathroom sink a week or so ago :(

DIY.

Ugh. Every time without fail when I put up a curtain pole I have an issue with one fixing hole. Just the one. Every time.

Text mate.

"Where you at man?"

"I'm in Fibbers. Come down".

"Ok. I'm on the other side of town though. I'll be about an hour. Let let me know if you're moving"

"Ok"

Finish pints. Walk to Fibbers. Pay 5 quid each to get in. No sign of mate. Call mate.

"Hey where you at?"

" Hey I'm in the Twisted Pepper. Sorry I forgot to text you.

"FFS. Do you have to pay in there?"

"Yeah a tenner each".

I have the worst friends.

Text mate.

"Where you at man?"

"I'm in Fibbers. Come down".

"Ok. I'm on the other side of town though. I'll be about an hour. Let let me know if you're moving"

"Ok"

Finish pints. Walk to Fibbers. Pay 5 quid each to get in. No sign of mate. Call mate.

"Hey where you at?"

" Hey I'm in the Twisted Pepper. Sorry I forgot to text you.

"FFS. Do you have to pay in there?"

"Yeah a tenner each".

I have the worst friends.

You made the rookie mistake of not making sure they were still in there before entering.

To be fair, I did that last night walking into 6 Degrees North, but at least I didn't have to pay.  Just looked like a total fud walking in, looking about, only to get a text when I went upstairs saying they'd gone to Illicit Still.

I'm a celeb, get me out of here.

A bunch of stupid people eat bugs and dicks, and get covered in spiders, whilst they scream and dry heave. Ant and Dec look on sheepishly. 12 million people viewed the launch. TWELVE MILLION. Fuck off.

Its good tv tho.

My pet hate - spending 4 hours making a wonderful pot of beef stew, puff pastry squares, mashed and roasted tatties, and then having man flu so i couldnt taste any of it, could have been eating cardboard for all it was worth.