aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Bummer. What you doing now?

Working in the office of a security company, organising the armoured vans that collect / deliver money to shops. Still vaguely call centrey but on a much smaller scale. There's only 5 people in my department, though the company is ginormous. You will have probably heard of them. They do concert and event security, prison guards, bouncers etc as well.

Working in the office of a security company, organising the armoured vans that collect / deliver money to shops. Still vaguely call centrey but on a much smaller scale. There's only 5 people in my department, though the company is ginormous. You will have probably heard of them. They do concert and event security, prison guards, bouncers etc as well.

At least you've got a potential progression towards an inside man/lacky type criminal job.

• Upvote 2

AGFW...this actual conversation just happened...

AGFW: Have you seen that film?
TBAGS: Which film?
AGFW: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.
TBAGS: Yes.
AGFW: The second one?
TBAGS: No.
AGFW: Oh. So why did you say yes?
TBAGS: Because you didn't say the second one. If you don't say "2" at the end, I don't know you're talking about the second one.
AGFW: Oh. Oh yeah.

Sounds like less of a headache than dealing with the moaning public complain about their phones no?

• Upvote 1

Dickhead flatmates who don't know how a boiler works and is worrying too much about money then the rest of the people in the flat being warm.

We have been having running battles the last few days over the heating. I have put it on timers so it comes on first thing in the morning, just before everyone comes home and in the evening. My arsehole flatmate keeps insisting that the heating be switched off at the control dial. Several notes back and forth resulted in me talking to him about it all last night and thinking I had sorted it all out. Cue me going to bed thinking the room would be a bit warmer then normal in the morning.

Wake up this morning, still cold, feel the radiator and stone cold. Go to make breakfast and sure enough the heating is off at the dial, fuck head totally ignored everything I had said to him last night. I really really really want to smash his face in so that he has to stay in hospital and not have to worry about him.

I understand the worry about the bills, but if you can't afford to live in a flat that is really cheap for Edinburgh anyway, you need to re-evaluate either your career choices or your living situation.

• Upvote 1

Dickhead flatmates who don't know how a boiler works and is worrying too much about money then the rest of the people in the flat being warm.

We have been having running battles the last few days over the heating. I have put it on timers so it comes on first thing in the morning, just before everyone comes home and in the evening. My arsehole flatmate keeps insisting that the heating be switched off at the control dial. Several notes back and forth resulted in me talking to him about it all last night and thinking I had sorted it all out. Cue me going to bed thinking the room would be a bit warmer then normal in the morning.

Wake up this morning, still cold, feel the radiator and stone cold. Go to make breakfast and sure enough the heating is off at the dial, fuck head totally ignored everything I had said to him last night. I really really really want to smash his face in so that he has to stay in hospital and not have to worry about him.

I understand the worry about the bills, but if you can't afford to live in a flat that is really cheap for Edinburgh anyway, you need to re-evaluate either your career choices or your living situation.

I hate folk like that. On the reverse though, I had a flatmate that would leave her electric heater running all day because she was lazy/couldn't work the timer. So while me and the ex were poor students with about 9 duvets to keep warm and wondering why the electric was going down so fast, she was away at work making the room warm for imaginary friends or something.

Did you mis-calculate your probationary period and engage in some laddish behaviour in the office resulting in your immediate termination?

Nahh. Left a kiss till the end of the night, too much pressure, bottled it. And that's after having her pure cuddling in to me in my flat, next to my bed. Rookie move. I feel like YoungA.

US tv scheduling. The new season of parks and rec had five episodes shown before a one month break. What's the point?

Give me what I want, when I want! And no I'm not going to pay for it! :swearing:

I don't understand US telly seasons. Used to happen with the Office all the time. I'd just go to download it every friday morning like normal, but it wasn't there. Unexpected breaks where there's no episodes for weeks. Imagine if they did that with Breaking Bad? "Sorry guys. The 2nd to last episode won't be on this week, because of sports or something. Maybe we'll show it next week? We don't know yet"