aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Lack of spellchecking on business websites. It makes you look like amateurs.

If a garage is based in Phibsboro or Drumcondra, they should really know how to spell them. Appart? I was going to take my car to this lot as well. No chance now.

To be fair, I greatly doubt you could translate it back to Polish again without making any mistakes. Give them a break.

• Upvote 1

Lack of spellchecking on business websites. It makes you look like amateurs.

If a garage is based in Phibsboro or Drumcondra, they should really know how to spell them. Appart? I was going to take my car to this lot as well. No chance now.

Pretty snobby man. It's a garage, not a law firm.

I'm with lucky. It looks sloppy and unprofessional, and it takes literally a click or two to spellcheck something. Town-names being spelled incorrectly is pretty shit, regardless of where you're from. If you're based there, you should know how to spell it. Don't think it's snobby at all. A grammatical error, fair enough, but basic simple words spelled badly, that's nae good.

It's not about a direct correlation between ability and spelling, it's about the 'that'll do' attitude! It is super easy to spell-check something or to get someone who can speak the language to do so (if you don't know people who speak good English, job centres provide this service for free). Your advert is how you present your business to the public, if you can't be fucked to look halfway presentable then why should anyone think you would pay attention to detail on their motor. Like I said, grammatical errors, fine, but really basic English, it's really fucking easy to get that checked. If you can't be bothered to spell 'apart' right, then you might as well pin me down and draw a giant cock on my face, because I'll be just as likely to give you my business.

No, but that's conversation. An advert is meant to look professional and maybe a bit more formal, is all i meant.

My Dad's just been told he has pretty severe diabetes. Found out maybe 5 minutes ago. Bit more than a 'Pet Hate' but it's really, really shit.

I'm with Nef C and Rathen on this one. If you're going to the trouble of getting a site made or publishing an advert for your business then take 5 minutes to proofread it or have someone read over it for you before it goes live. It doesn't matter what line of work you're in. I'm far more likely to use a garage, phone a plumber etc. if their website looks like they've taken the time to make sure the website is free of errors and has accurate information on it (phone numbers etc.).

Also goes for people who publish a blog. Run it through word or something similar before you hit publish!

Sorry, Stalin.

Ok. Isn't the point of advertising to drum up business? So if changing the spelling will maybe pull in an extra 1-2 punters, is that not worthwhile?

Also, fuck you.

What issues?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed

not to mention the fact that the whole celebration is a total waste of money that could be used to benefit, you know, people who actually deserve some help. instead of celebrating a family for what, exactly? continuing to exist? waaaaaaaaaay, the queen's still alive! let's celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the death of a woman's father! yaaaaaaaaay! ISN'T IT ALL SUCH FUN.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/04/jubilee-pageant-unemployed

not to mention the fact that the whole celebration is a total waste of money that could be used to benefit, you know, people who actually deserve some help. instead of celebrating a family for what, exactly? continuing to exist? waaaaaaaaaay, the queen's still alive! let's celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the death of a woman's father! yaaaaaaaaay! ISN'T IT ALL SUCH FUN.

Dry your eyes, the whole thing made a heap of money for shops and stuff so I can't really see how it's such a bad thing. The public splashed out on bunting, coronation chicken and silly plastic bowler hats with union jacks on them. The monarchy isn't as bad as you think you know. Would you rather have foreigners think we all live like the Queen or we are all a bunch of tracksuit wearing scallys who can't handle supermarket cider?

Mon the Queen!

• Upvote 2