aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

I was in for pints on friday and saturday.

The Prototype Punk was lovely. Tasted a lot more floral/fruity than the original, which I really loved. I also splashed out on a bottle of Gumballhead, which now may be my favourite beer ever! Incredible. Gorgeous. Delicious.

I've also started noticing the music is rather pleasing to the ears. Over that weekend I heard 2 or 3 songs by Death From Above 1979 and Rage Against the Machine. Boost!

Yet to experience the cheese board, but I reckon I'll give that a whirl next Tuesday before the Dons v. ICT game.

One thing I'd like to see is some savoury food i.e. decent crisps/nuts. Maybe similar to Ma Cameron's/Teuchters where they have wasabi peas and caramelised cashews :)

• 3 weeks later...
brewdog fan backs the brand - literally

how do you make customers become devoted to your brand? Get them branded is the short answer.

Brewdog, the controversial fraserburgh brewer of some very strong ales, was pleased to announce that one of its most dedicated customers had gone the extra mile when it comes to promoting his favourite brand - he's had the company's logo tattooed on his arm.

The pictures on brewdog's twitterfeed show that the tattoo is real.

Brewdog AGM tomorrow = free bus from Musa to Fraserburgh brewery, for tour and tastings. Then bus back to Musa for 2 hrs of free canapes (sp?), beer and business performance talks. Then an hour of free tastings at the brewdog bar, with 20% off of all other beer during the tasting.

4 new taps got installed the other day, so there's now 3 guest drafts from the likes of mikkeller and also the new Xmas spiced ale 'there is no santa'

Tomorrow will be truly excellent :)

I've tried embracing the whole Brewdog thing but picking up a bottle last night that said "you probably don't know much about beer" as part of its quasi-mission statement just got on my tits. I buy a drink to enjoy it, not to be patronised, especially when I found the beer to be very average.

5am Saint?

If you found it average, you don't know much about beer :p

Well, it's subjective really, isn't it? I drink quite a wide range of beers and I'm yet to be won over with a Brewdog one. I guess in their eyes that makes me a useless pleb who doesn't know anything about anything, and that's such a flawed ethos for a company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...