aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

I quite liked the porter when they did the initial batch last year.... was REALLY vanilla tasting. Lovely.

I find the current batch pretty bland though, and indeed tastes a lot like Zeitgeist. Shame.

I also prefer the old Punk IPA recipe. The new one is nice too mind you, but I love the bitter tasting old one.

Really enjoyed the dinner last night too, some incredible beers! Hats off.

I've got three crates of the old Punk IPA ;)

Was in last night before heading over to Snafu where I moved on to spirits. Probably why I'm not so well today.

Edge is delicious, I could easily drink that all night. My mate Ken who was in with me tried Harcore IPA for the first time and might have fallen a wee bit in love. Had a bottle of Alpha King as well which was very nice. Good times.

• 2 months later...

Having conducted many comparison taste tests between old punk and new punk I reckon the new punk is far superior. There's far more underlying hints of fruit and a better blend of hops. The old one is quite basic in its flavours and whilst enjoyable, is quite a boring beer.

Have you tried the new punk in a can yet? I'm amazed at how good a canned IPA tastes. I think I even prefer it to kegged Punk.

I'm settling down for my first taste of Avery: Brown: Dredge Pilsner. A really enjoyable beer from the first few mouthfuls!

I must admit to enjoying a few Brewdog beers too.

I've been to the pub on quite a few occasions and had been buying a few of their beers from a local bottle shop for a little while before I moved to Aberdeen or the pub opened.

Enjoy Hardcore IPA, 77 lager or Paradox.

Had the odd nip of Sink The Bismark when I've been in too. Not tried Tactial Nuclear Penguin yet though.,

Having conducted many comparison taste tests between old punk and new punk I reckon the new punk is far superior. There's far more underlying hints of fruit and a better blend of hops. The old one is quite basic in its flavours and whilst enjoyable, is quite a boring beer.

Have you tried the new punk in a can yet? I'm amazed at how good a canned IPA tastes. I think I even prefer it to kegged Punk.

I'm settling down for my first taste of Avery: Brown: Dredge Pilsner. A really enjoyable beer from the first few mouthfuls!

I have indeed tried the new one in a can... it's all a bit floral and flowery for my tastes. The girlfriend likes it though.

I really liked the original bitter one.

Tried the ABD Pilsner too, it was ok, nothing special though.

I did really enjoy the single IPA series they did recently though, in particular the Sorachi Ace.

I'm going to their beer dinner tonight, so looking forward to that! :up:

Personally, I think brewdog beers are average at best and are a complete triumph of style over substance.

xx

Really? You be trollin?

Compared to any beer that you can get in a spar or something they win hands down.

They beat all the millers, becks, coronas and everything in all categories.

I can't compare it to other craft beers as I haven't drank any.