aberdeen-music

Brewdog WINS!!

framheim

Guest Bob Knob

I just removed myself from their Facebook page. As much as I like the drinks they sell, I'm sick of the constant updates on how if you don't drink what they offer, you're shit.

Fuck off.

Sometimes I fancy a pint of Tennents/wine.

• 1 year later...

not a fan then? It's surely no Doc Martin but I for one will have a watch.

Uggggghhhhhh, you know I'm glad they are doing something they love and they've done really well for themselves but as a beer drinker I have to say I really don't like any of their products and I can't stand their "presence" (advertising/marketing etc) as it seems very false and staged.

A TV show is one step too far IMHO. They're the Jamie Oliver of brewing.

• Upvote 2

They're like...there was all these computer geeks, and they'd been geeking out about all things computery and PC for ages then along came Steve Jobs and his fucking iMac and his chorus of fuckwits that think he's the fucking messiah and pioneered computing.

That's craft beers and Brew Dog. At least, that's what I think.

A show about beer interests me. It looks a bit over the top but I'm prepared to give it a go. Craft beer culture is a load of wank full stop. That doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable as a piece of entertainment. There are nice beers with pretty packaging and shit beers with shitty packaging, and vice versa. Craft beer seems to be about straddling this divide. I like drinking local, wherever I go I'll ask for the local beer. I think a locally brewed beer with a story is one of life's finest pleasures. If this show in any way promotes that idea I'm all for it. I like some of Brew Dog's output as a drinker as well as some of their marketing as a consumer. If the show is shit I'll be the first to slag it off. If it's good I'll be the first to praise it.

I couldn't give a fuck whether someone is doing something they love or not. Or indeed where they come from. I enjoy stories. And beer.

• Upvote 1